Saturday, December 18, 2021

Winter Quaker is finished!

It's been a day!!  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish this before the end of the year, but then a few days opened up when I could stitch to my hearts content.  After 3 days of steady stitching, I was able to finish the last two months.  Yippee!  Finally...a fairly big WIP that was finished in ONE year!  This was stitched on 28 count navy over one using the recommended colors.  I'm so happy with how it turned out.  Hopefully I can get it framed for the fair next year, fingers crossed!



I'm working on trying to finish the Modern Folk Embroidery SAL...I'm three months behind in that one, and there is a lot more stitching, but watch this space, I'm closing in on finishing the October portion!!  I have a lot of things to do next week, but fingers crossed I'll find some time to work on it.  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stitching!! 

4 comments:

Claudette497 said...

I'm happy dancing with you! Your color choices on both the fabric and thread are wonderful, it's wintery and vibrant at the same time - great finish!

diamondc said...

DJ: It is a beauty for sure, I am looking forward to seeing what your next project is.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for this stunning Christmas project. I love the way the white looks on the navy fabric. The motifs are all gorgeous and the animals a nice addition. I think the complete snowflake top right is my favourite motif.
Which green did you use for the trees?

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

This is a terrific finish DJ. The design looks so impressive on the navy fabric.