Wednesday, December 15, 2021

December Gifted Gorgeousness

Whew!  I don't know what happened, I was feeling accomplished and had a lot of the Christmas "stuff" done (shopping, wrapping, decorating) and then the kids invited us to spend the weekend in Hershey with them and WHAM...chaos ensued.  Anyway, I finally remembered today was the 15th, and therefore Gifted Gorgeousness day!  If you don't know what that is, you can take a peek at Jo's blog page here (click here) and that will explain more.  I think she will be continuing this challenge into the new year.  We showcase our "gifts" on the 15th of the month.  Basically anything that can be associated with a needlework gift...either to us or from us.  If you would like to see what others are showcasing for their gifted gorgeousness, you can see Jo's blog by clicking (here).

Ok, where to start?  Tis the season for gift giving!  LOL  I have tried to keep ahead of things this year with my pen pals.  It's been a challenge for sure!  For my Texas pal, I made a few things and she has (hopefully) received them by now.  Here are some pictures of what I sent her...





I have had ideas for my pen pal in England for quite some time, I didn't finish everything I had hoped to but hopefully she will understand...I try to send Christmas and birthday together because they are less than a month a part...AND...postage has gotten out of hand to other countries.  I'm still waiting to send Elfie's package to her in Australia.  They say the rates will drop once the country opens up...I hope it's soon.  Anyway...here are some pictures of the things I sent Mouse.




I've also received some packages myself!  Here is what I received from my Texas pal for November's exchange...



And here is what I received from my British pal for Christmas...



As for gifts I've stitched...I made a few ornaments for friends and family.  For our new Granddaughter...



For my cousin and her new grandson...




For our DIL's family



For our kids (since this is their first Christmas as parents)...



I finished our DIL's Advent calendar!!  That was a relief...truly!



I finished the 12 Dragonlet's of 2012, a freebie from Dragon Dreams



I made these two ornaments for my bestie from high school and her son who is living at home now battling cancer...




I made this for an acquaintance who attended our church a while ago.  There was an ornament exchange a couple of years ago, and she mentioned then she hoped she would pick my ornament.  She didn't...but she was so complimentary that I had it in the back of my mind that I would make her one some day.  She mentioned she couldn't attend the exchange this year (neither could I...) but she sounded so disappointed, I decided I would make her one and send it to her...here is what I made her...



I've already stitched what I'm giving my Texas pal next month...but haven't decided how to finish it yet...here is Snow Day by Squareology from the 2016 JCS Ornament issue.



I was caught up on the Peppermint Purple SAL until the new pattern came out today...haha.  Since it is a free SAL I consider it gifted...only three more patterns left until the end of the year!  Here is the last picture I've taken...



I guess that's all I have to show.  It's been a busy month!!  LOL  I'm still working on Winter Quaker and Modern Folk Embroidery SAL and hope to have them finished this month, if not, first thing in January, so watch this space!  I have a lot of plans for next year, let's hope I can get everything accomplished I want to.  I'm hoping to post one more time before the end of the year, but in case I don't....I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy many blessings in the coming New Year!  Let's all hope 2022 will be an amazing, healthy and wonderful year!  Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

You are so generous with your stitching, your gifts sent far a d wide are beautiful. What treasures your family have too, you really are so thoughtful and kind. Wishing you a Merry Christmas 🎄

Elfie said...

Wow! So many gorgeous ornaments! My visit to your blog has really has really brightened my day. Merry Christmas!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. You have stitched an incredible amount of gifts this year! I know Mouse will be delighted with her parcel.
I think my favourites are the Brooke's Books Advent Animals because they've been on my radar for so long!

BeingBored89 said...

These are amazing! I especially love the polar bear mommy and daddy ornament!

diamondc said...

DJ: So many fun and lovely Christmas ornamnets.
Lovely gifts.
Peppermint Purple is so close to the finish.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You have been busy with your gifted stitching DJ. You speak of chaos but you are obviously organised to achieve so much.