Friday, December 10, 2021

Too much time on my hands...maybe?

I'm entering into the holiday season feeling a little relaxed.  I'm surprised I have all my gift stitching done!  That hasn't happened in a long while!  (Although I could stitch a few more things I guess....we'll see).  Anyway, I have been digging around in my kitted up stash box and finding things I really wanted to stitch...and I thought...why not?  I finished Be Merry and Bright (see the last post) and thought, I have had In Full Glory for ages!  I love patriotic pieces (I have quite a few more in my stash so watch this space!  LOL)  Anyway, though still running around a bit for last minute items, I found time to finish it!  Here is In Full Glory by Blackbird Designs stitched on 40 count Natural over two with recommended threads.



While running around in Target last night I decided to run by the frame aisle to see what they had.  I have been looking for a square frame for Blessings Be Thine by Blackbird Designs that I finished earlier this year.  It took me this long, but I finally found the right size!  I'm sooooo excited to show you my fully finished framed piece.  This was stitched on 32 count Dirty Linen over one.  I really love how it came out...and it's sitting on my mantle as soon as I was able to pop it in the frame!



I'll be stash diving again soon...but I also want to have a finishing day...it's supposed to be a busy weekend for us here at DJ's Digs so we'll see what next week brings.  Enjoy the season, stay safe and warm, and Happy Stitching! 

4 comments:

diamondc said...

DJ: That frame is amazing, it is so hard to find a square frame anywhere.
Both are lovely designs.
It is such a busy time of year.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

A beautiful frame, it looks perfect. It is a busy time of year but fun too. Merry Christmas 🎄

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I've just caught up on your most recent posts DJ. You have been very busy. Such beautiful stitching and finishing. You are so generous with your stitching for others. I agree with your thinking about making time to stitch some things for yourself next year.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great find for the square frame, you have been organised this year.