Thursday, December 30, 2021

Another One Bites the Dust!

Whew!  What a day yesterday was!  I have been trying to finish up big projects I had started in 2021.  I'm super pleased to say I finished all the stitch a-longs I had started this year!  Here is a picture of the most recent finish....the last one of this year I'm afraid...  This is Peppermint Purple Blackwork SAL stitched on 40 count antique white over two with one strand of DMC 3809.  I wish I had a better picture, as I love the color of the thread, but it's a dull day here in Maryland...so beggars can't be choosers.



I even finished up most of the things I started with the exception of 6 Fat Snowmen.  I can't tell you when I've done that in last few years.  I guess I'm a serial starter...and not so much a finisher...haha.  I must say though, that I did a fairly good job at stitching quite a few things.  Mainly small things but there were a few large pieces I did finish stitching this year.  I managed to complete 149 items....and fully finish 84.  Not too shabby!!

My goal next year is to finish whatever I start AND finish up some of the older WIPs I have floating around here.  I also want to fully finish some of the things I have stored in a box.  Mainly ornaments I've stitched but haven't finished but I also need to finish the mobile I have stitched up for Aubs.  Ugh...I hate New Year's resolutions as I tend to break them fairly early in the year....but I have hope this  year.  I really feel motivated.

I have decided on my New Year's start.  For my birthday this year, my husband ordered an exclusive from Hobby House Needleworks,   Rose Ada Featherstone 1895.  I will be stitching on 46 count over two with silk threads.  I honestly can't wait to get started!!  I have created a list of things I want to stitch this year on my 2022 goals page.  Fingers crossed I can accomplish some of it along with participating in the 2022 Ornament challenge.  We'll see what the new year brings!

I want to thank all of you for still checking in with me.  I read all your comments, but gmail is still not working correctly and I can't reply to your emails there.  If I have emailed in the past, I will try to find your address and reply that way, but the comments don't show up there and with being a new grandmother...I have to perform Gigi duties from time to time so I'm limited with computer time.  Also, my new laptop had gone kaput and I haven't had time to go to the Geek Squad.  I'm working on my older s-l-o-w-e-r laptop...ugh...  I know that it's easier to listen and watch floss tube than to search out and read blogs, but being the shy person that I am, you won't catch me posting any videos on there.  I prefer the old fashioned way!

Ok, off to get some sorting and cleaning done in the sewing room.  I hope you all have a safe and fun New Year's Eve however you plan to celebrate.  I'm hoping we will have a game night with the kids, but we'll have to see how Little Lady A is doing.  She is still being fussy...poor little one.  Stay well, and safe...until next year, Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, the blackwork is stunning! Well done on keeping up with the SALs this year. 149 finishes is incredible, I don't think I've ever had that many.

diamondc said...

DJ: Happy New Year to you and Family. Congratulations on the finish, it is lovely, I am looking forward to seeing what your new year holds for stitching.

Catherine

Katie said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish!!