Monday, January 3, 2022

New Year, New Starts...

Happy New Year!  I know I'm a bit late in posting...but it's been a whacky weekend.  While we haven't really gone anywhere, my husband was home, and he doesn't let much grass grow under his feet...which means, little stitching time for me.  

I usually start a new pattern on New Year's Day, it's kind of a tradition with me.  This year I started Rose Ada Featherstone 1894.  This is a shop exclusive through Hobby House Needleworks.  I chose to stitch on the 46 count Antique Lace linen and a ver a soie silk floss.  I'm loving every stitch!  From the looks of things it is still available on their website. 




On January second I learned that there will be a new Wiehenburg SAL for 2022 called Cottage Garden Mystery  and I decided to participate.  I'm working on 32 count Espresso linen over one, substituting a few  hand dyed fibers from my stash for some of the colors.  I'm trying very hard to stitch from stash this year so am hoping to find all the materials I will need in my stash.  Martina also let me know that because I finished Winter Quaker SAL before the 15th I was eligible for a free Spring Quaker pattern which I received today.



Today we were hit with the first snowstorm of the season.  It's been a while since we saw the accumulation that we had today.  While only parts of the state were affected, we were in the area that received 9.25 inches of snow.  My husband loves to shovel so he was out there bonding with the neighbors...and I stayed inside and stitched!  LOL  I also sat in on a Zoom lecture from the EGA (Embroiderers Guild of America)  and also checked in with Serendipity Needleworks to participate in the Stitch 22 in 22.  I'm making good progress on Cottage Garden Mystery Sampler even with all the interruptions!  From the sounds of things there may be a delayed opening tomorrow morning where DH works...hopefully I'll get a little farther along with the SAL.   




Ok, I guess that's all the news today.  I hope you are doing well, staying safe, and happily stitching!  Take care...

4 comments:

diamondc said...

Happy New Year DJ: That is a load of snow, we have had a bit here also but more sub-zero weather instead, warming up a bit today then snow.
This is a beautiful Sampler, I am looking forward to seeing your progress.
Your SAL is a lovely start.
Nice smile in the snow, giggles.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful samplers today, the mystery does look rather nice. I'm not taking anything large and new on now though LOL
So much snow too! Haven't seen anything like that since I was a child.

Clare-Aimetu said...

A lovely New Year's Day start, good luck with your Mystery SAL. That's a lot of snow, we get a few inches if we're lucky.

Katie said...

Great new starts. Oh lovely snow. We got a little bit just a few inches and my new dog Spike loves it so I really hope we get a big snow for him to play in this year.