Tuesday, January 18, 2022

After the Roses....

Well this project has been shuffled from here to there for the past year or so.  It's about time I finished it, don't you think?  I started this on Christmas day 2020 when I received it for Christmas.  My husband is my biggest enabler...haha...as most of his gifts include fabric and floss.  I've trained him well, haven't I?  LOL!!  Just kidding, he gets as excited as I do after I finish something.  Anyway, I loved the colors in this piece, even if I used DMC and not the hand dyed floss they recommended.  In all honesty, there is so little of each section, I don't think you would have seen the change in color.   I am so glad it's finished!  This is called After the Roses by Ink Circles stitched on 40 count Buttercream over two.  



I have made a whole bunch of plans for this year, and each one has presented challenges.  I was asked to stitch a SAL, and I will get back to that too, but I really wanted to finish up some of the UFOs I have circling my stitching room.  I finished three really big projects within the year last year, and it gave me incentive to continue finishing big WIPs I have going.  So I came up with a new plan, to work  on a different UFO each month until the month ends or I finish the project.  I hope I can keep up with that, though I've already decided not to put too much pressure on myself.  Wish me luck!  

I'm off to continue working on Cottage Garden for a bit until I decide what I want to stitch on next...so watch this space!  Thanks for visiting, and for those who have left messages, thank you so much!  Gmail is still acting up and so is the vertigo, so as soon as I get my act together I'll try to get back to answering your messages.  In the meanwhile, please know I love getting your  comments, they really help to spur me on!  Happy Stitching everyone! 

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

After the Roses is beautiful, well done. Happy stitching with your projects planned.

Claudette497 said...

I'm happy dancing with you! It is gorgeous!

diamondc said...

DJ: This is a beauty for sure, I love the color of threads.
I have made plans for the year myself; we will see if I follow through.
Looking forward to seeing your work on Cottage Garden.
Yes, Gmail and other Google problems are still causing me problems.

Catherine

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

After the Roses is beautiful DJ.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous work on your Rose Hips! This is a lovely project and the DMC colours look fine to me.
Good luck with all your plans this year.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog