Thursday, January 27, 2022

Moving right along...

It's been a wild month.  I lost a few stitching days from having Gigi duties, and from a few days of vertigo.  It's been an interesting roller coaster.  I also needed some time to reorganize and straighten out my stitching room.  Hopefully I'll be more productive next month. 

Usually I'm able to finish a Christmas ornament in a day.  Most of these small ones have taken a couple of days, mainly because it takes me time in the morning to get over those first few hours of getting the room spinning under control.  Anyway...I signed up for a few ornament challenges this year.  They are listed on the 2022 goals page but I thought I would show the ones here that I have been able to stitch.  In a perfect world, I would take a day to fully finish them, but I'm nowhere near a perfect world right now...haha   So here's what I've been able to accomplish...  

The Robin's Gift from 2021 JCS Ornament issue  



Partridge in a Pear Tree from 2001 Cross Stitch Designs a BG&H book  



Snowy Days from 2014 JCS Ornament Issue  



Rose Heart by Roberta Rankin, a freebie you can find here  



Nutcracker from the Merry Christmas design from the 1991 Nov/Dec JCS Issue  



and the Reindeer from the Sparkling Christmas Ornament series from the 2007 Nov/Dec JCS Issue  



I was able to fully finish Snow Day by Squareology from the 2016 JCS Ornament Issue.  This was for my pen pal, our challenge for the month of January was to stitch something to do with Sledding.  I found this little saucer at the Goodwill store for 50 cents.  I made it into a pincushion and added it to the saucer.  I love how it turned out.  Finding new ways to fully finish things has been a fun challenge I've given myself.  And hopefully my pen pal enjoys my efforts.  



Last but not least is an update on two projects I started this year.  Rose Ada Featherstone was started on New Year's Day.  I may not be able to finish this one this year, but I hope to finish one page of the pattern a month until she is finished.  I'm stitching this on 46 count over two, and the frog has been sitting on my shoulder.  I need to give that green fella the boot!!  



I'm also working on the Wiehenburg Cottage Garden SAl.  I have finished two pages this month, and hope to finish this in a month or two.  Wish me luck!  If you are interested in joining in the SAL you can find the pattern here



And that...as they say...is that.  I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe from all the crazy storms I've been hearing about.  I hear there is another storm headed this way tomorrow.  Fingers crossed the forecasters are wrong again...haha.  I'll let you know if one hits.  Till then...take care and Happy Stitching!

 

7 comments:

Claudette497 said...

DH has had terrible problems with vertigo; it started for no reason and stopped at complete random (knock wood). I hope so much that yours clears up. you're stitching looks beautiful, your SALs will be stunning when they're done!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Hugs, I do hope your vertigo eases, it's so frustrating when your body makes things harder/longer to do. Your stitching is all so lovely, very cute sledge. Happy stitching

Terri said...

Your stitching is gorgeous! I signed up for the cottage garden SAL. How did you get the 2nd page already? Is this one I have to show my finish before I get the next?

Thanks for sharing! I love the SAL so far!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I hope your vertigo is clearing DJ. You've still stitched alot this past month. I love how the Cottage Garden SAL is progressing.

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything.

Kaisievic said...

Wow, DJ, you have been so busy - lots of lovely stitching - I love the Robin's Gift - such a pretty design. I am going to go look for that one right now!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm impressed you can stitch an ornament in a day! I do love the little Robin with the gifts. I'm not doing many Smalls this year or I'd do that one for sure.
Hope the dizzy spells subside soon.