Saturday, February 5, 2022

But wait....there's more!

I've been having an attack of startitis....LOL  I've been talking with some folks from the Friendly Stitchers group, and some of us have decided to do a SAL of the Linen & Threads 2020 Family and Friends Sampler SAL.  I have had the material and the threads for quite some time, I just couldn't get my act together.  My head just hasn't been in the right place for a while now...go figure.  Anyway, I finally decided enough was enough waffling.  I was contemplating changing colors and then decided I really liked what I had originally planned.  So....here is the sampler...I'm stitching on 32 count Espresso over one using Gloriana Cinnabar.  



I wasn't sure after the first few stitches, but as I moved along I really started to enjoy the way it looks.  I've added a few initials...VG is my maternal Grandmother, the one who started me stitching in the first place.  DJ is me, of course, P is our family name, AP is our precious Aubrey, and HP is her Mom.  I hope to teach Aubrey to stitch when she is old enough, and already HP is stitching.  She made something for her sister, and realized how relaxing it is.  I hope she is able to find time soon, I think she misses it.  But little ones keep us  busy!  

I've been able to add a little more to Cottage Garden and I love how this one is coming along.  I'll soon have a finish of page 4...so exciting.  I'll be working on some ornaments next, hopefully they won't take long to work up...so I'll see you back here in a bit!  



I hope all who were in the path of that enormous storm that dumped snow, ice, and all sorts of craziness are safe and warm.  We only had some rain, and when the temperatures dropped, the puddles turned to ice.  I feel very fortunate, and hope others faired as well as we did.  While the weather is wild, I hope you find time to stitch.  Take care and Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your Linen and Thread is super, I love your choice of fabric and thread. Cottage Garden is growing and looks great

Robin in Virginia said...

Both are looking lovely, DJ!

Kaisievic said...

Two great projects, DJ.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Linen & Threads is gorgeous, I love the idea of adding all the family members' initials to it.
Your model stitching over one is beautiful too. I love the colours in that one. Are they as charted or did you choose your own palette?

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your L&L project looks great. I like that you can personalise it.
I'm so enamored of your Cottage Garden sampler that I have now joined the SAL.

diamondc said...

DJ: Nice progress on both Samplers.
You were lucky with weather, today it is raining, snowing and sleeting, here in Minnesota.

Catherine