Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Pardon me while I Happy Dance!

I've been participating in the annual "I love to stitch" challenge on the Cross Stitch and Hand Embroidery Group on Facebook.  I've been bouncing around with things all month but mainly working on Blackwork Iris and Kingfisher by Lesley Teare.  I have had this in my stash forever, and finally decided to go ahead and stitch it up.  I'm thrilled to say, I finished it today! Yay!!  Not only are the colors pleasing to me, but all those different stitches where such fun to do.  I love this challenge, as we challenge ourselves to stitch at least 30 minutes a day, then post before and after pictures for the day.  It gave me the push I need to finish this WIP.    



I also challenged myself to start two new projects yesterday for twos day.  I thought it was fun since 2-22-22 fell on a Tuesday...so I started Pi Day 2019 by Geri Ambrose and October by Little House Needleworks.  Here's a little picture of those starts.  Hopefully I will have finished pictures soon!  



I hope everyone is safe and healthy wherever you are...Happy Stitching! 

5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Blackwork Iris and Kingfisher is stunning, congratulations on your super finish. Good luck with your stitching projects.

MartinaM said...

Oh how beautiful the pattern looks. The kingfisher looks so alive.
Happy Stichy Day
Martina

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The Kingfisher is a beautiful finish DJ. The Blackwork Iris is striking.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Kingfisher design is gorgeous, you made the right choice over the outline threads!
Love the Pi Pie too, great design for Twos Day.

Katie said...

I saw that project on there. I think I actually commented on it a few times. It's so beautiful! I just might have to look for that pattern. Just gorgeous.Love your new piece too.