Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus



Hello fellow stitchers!  If you're wondering what the crazy title of this blog post is, it says Happy St. David's Day in Welsh.  I recently did a DNA test and though I already knew I was of Welsh descent, it has now been confirmed.  I have Welsh and Irish and English blood running through my veins...along with some Native American and some other things.  In other words, I'm a mutt...LOL but on March 1st, I'll claim my Welsh ancestry and wish you all a Happy St. David's Day!  To celebrate, I stitched a Daffodil which is a symbol of St. David (that and the leek, but I have no clue what they look like...lol)  I stitched this little Permin freebie in honor of the day.  So......Happy St. David's Day to all the other Welsh folk out there!  Happy Stitching! 

3 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Happy St David's Day - it takes many ingredients to make the best cake !!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy St. David's Day, I love Clare's comment.
I'm pretty much pure East Anglian but many hundreds of years back we had Huguenot ancestry, they fled to Norfolk, among other places.
I presume leeks are not a popular vegetable in America?

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely daffodil piece, DJ!