Tuesday, March 15, 2022

March Gifted Gorgeousness

Good Morning Fellow Stitchers!  It's hard to believe March is half over with already!  Time sure marches on.  

It's time for our Gifted Gorgeousness (GG) post again!  I've had busy fingers.  If you don't know what GG is, you should head over to Jo's blog and read about this fun challenge she offers once a month.  On the 15th we share what we have been stitching (or receiving) that had "gift" associated with it.  It can be fabric, floss, or patterns or even something stitched and given to us...or something we have given to someone else.  Jo explains more about it here.  And if you want to see what everyone else has to show for our GG post, you can see what we are up to here.  

As I said, I've had busy fingers.  I stitch for two pen pals.  The first is in England...and I've been very neglectful of her lately.  I should stitch more for her, but with postal prices going up, I've been slacking off.  Anyway, I did finally stitch this for her.  I have been working on Months of the Year by LHN for her.  I finally made it to October this month, and as I type it's winging it's way to her.  Two more months, then I'll have to think of something else to stitch...haha.  



I also have a pen pal in Texas.  I think her gifts are supposed to arrive to her today, fingers crossed.  Since March has two celebrations that I choose to celebrate, I stitch two things for her this month.  First is St. David's Day, which I posted about on the 1st of March.  It's a day to celebrate my Welsh roots.  The second is St. Patrick's Day which is in a few more days.  Another day to celebrate my Irish roots.  I thought it would be fun to share my family history so I made two things for her this month.  First, the Daffodil, the second is the Shamrock.  The Daffodil was a Permin freebie, the Shamrock was a Prairie Schooler pattern from the leaflet, a Prairie Year.  They were fun and quick, I hope she likes them!  




This is what I received from her, arranged in my March bowl.  



I've been working on some Christmas ornaments, these are from JCS magazine, different years, and I consider them part of GG because I've been gifted these from my husband over the years.  First up is Peace Pin Button by Jeannette Douglas from the 2012 Christmas ornament issue.  



Next is Snowy Christmas by Needle Bling Designs from the 2021 Christmas ornament issue.


  

I saw Clare was asking for some letters for her Christmas Tree that she decorates for her church each year.  I thought I would add these two from The World of Cross Stitching magazine...I am not sure of the issue, but it had these Bluebird Alphabet patterns in there.  I couldn't resist stitching my initials...haha  Here are D and J.  I hope she doesn't mind I put my "mark" on her tree.  LOL  




As many of you know, I received a sampler pattern from DH for Christmas.  First up is Rose Ada Featherstone by Hands Across the Sea.  I've been trying to stitch at least one page a month until I can finish it.  Here is where I finished this month.



I also am stitching on this sampler, which I consider a gift because the pattern is a free SAL from 2020.  This is Friends and Family by Linen & Threads.  I have finished March's installment and added a few more initials.  One is my British Pen Pal, the other my Mother.



Last is the SAL gifted to me by the designer...this is Cottage Garden Quaker by Wiehenburg Designs.  I'm afraid it got set aside until I could catch up on the next SAL listed below.  I'll get back to it as soon as I catch up.  I have the first 4 pages finished of this one...and I'm loving stitching on it!  



I found this SAL on the Story Stitches blog and decided I just had to stitch it.  I've been waffling on fabric choice and stitch count.  I'm making this for my Daughter-in-Law and really wanted it to be something she would love.  I finally found the fabric, it's called Whisper and it is 28 count.  This is called Tale As Old As Time and Belle is my DIL's favorite Disney Princess.  I love it because it has different scenes from the movie in the different castle rooms.  I know it doesn't look like much of a castle at the moment, but it's getting there.  When I started on the 7th, I was already several months behind.  Since that day I've been able to stitch one room a day.  While I still have a lot of "frame" work to do, I'm thrilled at how much I was able to accomplish in only 9 days.  This has truly been a labor of love, and I really hope she loves it as much as I have loved stitching it for her.  


I guess that's all there is for the moment.  I've stitched more besides this but they don't fall into the category of GG.  I'll have to post again when I have the time.  Until then, I hope you are all safe, healthy, and happily stitching!  Take care...  

7 comments:

diamondc said...

DJ: I am out of breath looking at all your beautiful designs, you have chosen some lovely designs to stitch.
Tale As Old As Time is an amazing design, I am looking forward to seeing it finished.
Your alphabet choice is so pretty, i am such a fan of birds.
Totally love the Shamrock design and the daffodil.

Catherine

MartinaM said...

Oh wow, so many beautiful patterns, I'm really excited about the beautiful designs.
As pretty as the little gifts are, just great.
Martina

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a full blog of beautiful stitching and projects. I love your letters, D and J will look super on the Alphabet Tree, thank you.

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful finishes and lovely WIPs you shared, DJ! I love the shamrock ornament you stitched along with the daffodil. Well done!

jocondine said...

Great post, well done, so many lovely stitchings. Letters are wonderful, I love this cute bluebird. Amitiés. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Some fabulous pieces here, especially the two samplers. I am amazed that you stitched each of those rooms in just one day. How many hours a day do you stitch for?
Lovely themed ornaments for your pen pals too,

Katie said...

Gorgeous work on everything! Love Belle's castle.