Sunday, March 20, 2022

Tale As Old As Time...

Hello fellow stitchers!  Happy First Day of Spring!  



It's a lovely day here today, after some storms rumbled through the past couple of days.  It's a blustery day (I always think of Winnie the Pooh when I hear that phrase) but we have our windows open (even though it's a bit chilly) and the fresh air smells so nice and feels lovely as we air out the old stuffy air and bring in the spring air!  Even Max is enjoying the freshness as he moves from one window to the next, sniffing in all the scents.  As many of you know, I started stitching this castle for my Daughter in Law, though at first you couldn't tell it was a castle.  



I started the first week of March, and stitched a room a day for 8 days.   Here are close ups of the rooms I have stitched so far.  See if you recognize scenes from Beauty and the Beast...









Then I started on the top of the castle.  Whew...what a chore!  I ran out of some of the threads (thankfully Hobby Lobby had threads near the same dye lot and I really don't think you can see where the new ones were used) then had interruption after interruption...and frog after frog...but it's finally done.  Now I'm just waiting for my DIL to decide if I should stitch the title over the castle.  Poor kid, too many decisions...haha...and it takes her a while to decide things.  That's ok, there are months to go before I really need a decision.  

And now I'm off to decide what to stitch and include in a "Gift of Friendship" exchange I'll be doing in a few months.  Wish me luck!  And Happy Stitching!! 

4 comments:

diamondc said...

DJ: This is such a sweet design; I like the castle turrets with the flags.

Catherine

Katie said...

What a fun beautiful piece.

MartinaM said...

Oh, that one with the lock is an intricate pattern, but very beautiful.
Martina

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

There's so much detail in each of those little rooms! It looks amazing.