Tuesday, December 28, 2021

The Fruit of Plenty Finish

I'm sorry for being late in wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.  It's been a beehive of activity here for the past few days.  Christmas day we spent with the kids and our granddaughter.  It was a busy time, and full of fun.  Poor little Auby was having a rough day, but she did play with a few of the toys we gave her.  I suspect teething, but her parents are adamant that it's not that...oh well, what do I know? I must say, my family spoiled me rotten this Christmas.  I was given two exclusive kits, a series of 6 patterns that will be made into a cube, Ghinger scissors, some specialty stitching books, a pattern I have been drooling over, another pattern kitted, a storage unit with drawers and compartments to hold lots of stitching tools etc, and a class that will be held in September of next year in NY.  My family feeds my obsession...haha...and now you know why I'm trying so hard to finish up some of the bigger projects I have hanging around.




 

I was beginning to think it wasn't possible....but surprise!  I finally finished The Fruit of Plenty, the Modern Folk Embroidery SAL for 2021.  I would like to say I enjoyed every stitch...LOL...but in all honesty, toward the end I was getting a little frustrated.  I love the "Assisi" look to it, but all that stitching was a little too much for me.  This was stitched on 28 count ivory over one using DMC 823 and 3755.  Now that it's done I will really enjoy it.  



I have one more SAL from 2021 that I really hope to finish.  I've  been working on the Peppermint Purple SAL and have been keeping up until two weeks ago.  The last portion will be released tomorrow so my fingers will be busy stitching that until the ball drops in NYC on New Years eve.  Fingers crossed I will have one more finish to report before the year is over.

I'll leave you with a picture of a card my cousin sent to me.  Her Mom and my Mom were sisters...and they both shared a love of stitching.  My Mom sent this card to my Aunt...and while going through some stuff, she found this card.  Knowing my love of stitching she sent it to me just in time for Christmas.  Grief is a funny thing....I can remember things about her that make me smile...others make me miss her like crazy.  This was such a shock, but I'm so touched that my cousin would think to send it to me...bitter sweet that it came just before Christmas...it made me miss her more than anything.  I really wish she could have met her great grandchild...I know she would have loved her.



I hope wherever you are that you are keeping safe and happily stitching.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  I like to give gifts of stitching to others, you never know what long reaching effect it will have on others.  I'll cherish the card my Mom made...and I'm sure others will cherish your stitching too.  Happy Stitching, everyone! 

5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Oh bless her, sadly teething doesn't stop just because it's Christmas. Congratulations on The Fruit of Plenty finish, it's beautiful. What a beautiful card, tinged with sadness but very precious. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It was thoughtful of your cousin to send you that card even though it is bitter-sweet for you.
Looking at your Christmas gifts, you have another busy year of stitching ahead :)
Happy New Year to you and your family.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You did get some wonderful stash this Christmas! I like the look of the "Home" series of samplers. The storage caddy looks good too.
I wonder if your DIL has been eating different food over Christmas, spicy or rich food can affect her milk. I remember eating a lot of grapes once and my poor baby had terrible stomach ache, they can make the milk too acidic for babies!
The card is lovely and a sweet memento to have. I hope you can include it in a Spring display somehow.

Mouse said...

Gorgeous goodies you got ..poor wee GD think teething is the problem too ..well done on your spectacular finish and will keep all paws crossed for the SAL xxxx

Katie said...

So glad to see you had such a great Christmas. Wonderful gifts.