Tuesday, November 23, 2021

And there was great rejoicing in the land!

I know sometimes I joke about my husband, but honestly, I'm truly spoiled by him!  As soon as he got home from work last night we went in search of 1/4" ribbon...and though we still haven't found any red ribbon (why am I not surprised...this close to Christmas?) we did find some white ribbon.  It was all I needed to finish up these last Brooke's Books Advent series.  Just in time to start counting down on the first of December.    We literally searched every square inch of the store...all the places where the ribbon might hide, and found the very last two spools of 1/4" white ribbon in the entire place!  (And of course, in the last and least expected place it could be)  This is a gift for my Daughter-in-law.  I was determined to make them for her this year...Here are the last I had to finish off...








I also finished off the last of the Dragon Dreams 12 Dragonlets of 2012.  I have had these in my stash since she first designed them back in 2012.  I am thankful to Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching who started a group for people who love the 12 Days of Christmas.  LOL!!  This is the third set I have stitched now, and have already decided which set to stitch next year.  The designs are so cheeky...they make me laugh.  I'll have to figure out how I want to display this one, but here are the last 6 I fully finished up yesterday.








I've already decided that this mad dash to fully finish things at the end of the year is just craziness.  I think I'm going to dedicate one day a month to fully finishing projects I have finished stitching during that month.  Now if I can just keep to my promises!  LOL!!  Looking back at my goals page, I have fully finished 82 projects so far this year (4 of them were crocheted items)....26 of them were finished this month alone!  However....I created 139 projects so far this year.  I still have a few more I want to finish before the month is out...though I'm running out of time.  So....watch this space and see if I really accomplish my goals...haha 

Now I'm off to make plans for Thanksgiving dinner...my meatballs have been requested (for those who don't like turkey)  It's about the only thing I make that everyone seems to love...I'm thankful for a Grandmother figure in my childhood who taught me how to make these.  You would never guess the ingredients...but they make really savory meatballs.  I may not make it back before the big day, so in advance, I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving, and that you find many things to be thankful for this year.  My biggest blessing which I'm most thankful for this year, is the birth of our lovely Granddaughter, and that her parents are giving us quality time to spend with her.  Wishing you blessings....Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Mayte said...

Son todos una preciosidad

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes DJ. I sure wish I could fully finish some, but I'm have no idea how. Your meatballs sound delious. Would you share the receipe?

Linda

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful finishing. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

She is going to adore the Advent Animals! I find that Rachel's FFO Gallery on the 10th of every month is very encouraging for me to actually fully finish things. Even if it's a last minute thing some months!

diamondc said...

DJ: Wow you have been busy with finishing, I love all your designs and the finishing is perfect.
Happy Thanksgiving

Catherine

Katie said...

Wow so many finishes. Just beautiful. Glad you found some ribbon. Nice of hubby to help. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.