Monday, November 15, 2021

November Gifted Gorgeousness

 Hi Fellow Stitchers!

This year has just been flying by.  I can't believe it's November already!  Christmas will be here before you know it!  My fingers are keeping busy!  I've been working on so many things that Christmas is sneaking up on me and I haven't really started on gifts for my family.  Ugh!!  Anyway...it's gifted gorgeousness...and if you haven't heard what that's all about, please check out Jo's blog and read the rules (click here).  You can visit her blog and see what she is stitching (always a treat for the eyes, and maybe a little enabling).  It's never too late to join us!  Basically we are allowed to post anything that is a gift to us, or for others.  (Click here to see her blog)

I always consider anything from the Just Cross Stitch magazine to be a gift as my husband always gifts me the magazine.  I have all the issues, either on disc, paper copy or digital download.  I refer to them often.  This month I've stitched a few...

First is A Snowy Little Gift from the 2020 ornament issue.  This was stitched on 28 count Crystal Opalescent over two.  I wish you could see the sparkle!  There is a green tint to the fabric, but still Frosty didn't show up too well, so I outlined him.  I really like how he came out.



Next is Quaker Medallion Strawberry Pinkeep from the 2006 ornament issue.  This was stitched on 28 count Summer Khaki over two using Dutch Red Gloriana silk.  I really need to get busy and finish some of these ornaments!



Next is Crystal Snowflake from the 2019 ornament issue.  This was stitched on 32 count Royal Blue over two.  I substituted Petite Treasure Braid for the Kreinik, and love how it turned out!  



Next is Joy from the 2020 Ornament issue.  This was stitched on 32 count lambswool over two.  I think I'm going to frame this (if I can find the right frame...)



Next is Special Delivery from the 2018 ornament issue...I have stitched this one before.  It was stitched on 32 count lambswool over one, I used some clear Petite Treasure Braid over the snowflakes (I stitched them first in white, but wanted some sparkle).  I love this little design and may stitch it again one more time!  LOL  



Next is Golden Filagree by Works by ABC from the 2020 Ornament Issue.  I stitched this on 32 WDW Aztec Red over two.   My eyes were crossing by the time I was done...LOL  Gold was pretty hard to see on this particular red fabric.



I was a bit late sending my October gift to my Pen Pal...so I couldn't include it in the last GG post.  I stitched this little freebie from Jean Farish called Autumn....then added it to this little name place marker I found at Hobby Lobby.  I didn't have the trim I wanted so took some yarn and braided it to add to the edge.  I wish I had picked up more of these....though it was my first time and probably not the best finishing in the world, I really would have loved to make one for me!  Anyway, I love the little sheep...this was stitched on 36 count natural over one.




I needed to get my act together so I could send my pen pal her birthday gift...which falls on this very day!  Hopefully she has received it by now...here is Happy Birthday from Alita Designs stitched on 40 count lambswool over two finished into a small tart pan.  



I also made her a little Thanksgiving piece, called Give Thanks which is stitched on 40 count natural over one and finished into an even smaller tart pan.



I consider the Peppermint Purple SAL a gift because the patterns are published free on their Facebook page.  I'm impressed with my bad self for being caught up...LOL!!  Here is where I am right this moment.  I'm hoping I have time to finish off the corners before the last chart is published.  Wish me luck!  



I've made a few other gifts but can't show them at this time until I fully finish everything and get them in the mail.  Hopefully by the GG post in December I'll have them finished too!

Last but not least, is Christmas Morning by Sue Hillis.  I changed it around a little bit to make it look more feminine as it's for my granddaughter's first Christmas.  It's stitched on 40 count Heartland over two.  I'm so pleased with the way it turned out.  Now I REALLY need to work on finishing some things!!


And now the moment you've all been waiting for!  The winner of the giveaway from October is Elfie!  Please send me your address and I'll get your gifts in the mail as soon as I have a chance to get to the post office.  Thank you to all who participated, I wish I could send you all a little something!  You can email me at tickledpinkone@yahoo.co.uk, then please make a comment on this post that you sent me an email.  Thank you!  Here, again, is a picture of what you've won.



I made a list a few days ago of things I need to stitch and finish before Christmas.  I'm feeling a bit panicked now...haha.   Wish me luck!  I should have an abundance of GG things to post about next time!  Till then, Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Congratulations Elfie :-)

What a lovely collection of stitching, I love your Quaker work and your Peppermint Purple looks super. Christmas is coming quick, I too have felt a bit panicked ... let's deep breathe together, we'll get it done I'm sure x x

diamondc said...

DJ: This is a fun filled post, the ornaments you have chosen to stitch are wonderful.
Nice progress on Peppermint Purple, it looks like you are so close to the finish line.
Congratulations to Elfie.

Catherine

Katie said...

Another blog I missed during my break. Lovely stitching. Fantastic finishing. Love it all. The name place marker is just adorable!!!

Mayte said...

Buenos dias, me llamo Mayte y soy de España, me gusta mucho tu trabajo, por aqui me quedo con tu permiso¡¡¡

jocondine said...

Lot of progress, well done. I'm a great fan of list too and mine is so long. Very nice stitchings, love the rocking horse it's such a lovely pattern. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love all those ornaments, your tree is going to look beautiful this year! I've fallen off The Ornament Wagon but I'd love to stitch the Works by ABC one before the end of the year!
Congratulations to Elfie too.

mylene said...

Hello DJ..what a lovely post. So many beautiful finishes, great job.