Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Stitchin' and Finishing' Oh...and Grinnin"

Whew, I was in a quandary after I finished Anne.  I have so many things kitted ready to start stitching, but I have ... squirrel... a problem with focus.  LOL!!  I recently received something in the mail from a friend that I really want to stitch...but it's not kitted and I need to find time to go shopping.  So....I dipped my hand in my box of kits, and came up with Spring Basket Pinkeep by Stacy Nash.  I ordered this pattern during pre market sales a year or two ago along with all the materials to make it.  When I received it I put it aside and when I pulled it out today I found that they had kitted it wrong.  I'm missing a thread and have a duplicate of another.  *sigh*  That will teach me to really check things out when I receive an order.  Anyway...now I'm on the hunt for that one specialty thread.  



I debated whether to start or wait, and while I was thinking about it I decided to fully finish a couple of things I finished stitching.  Soooo...here is Holly Noel by the Mindful Needle from the 2023 JCS Ornament Issue stitched on 36 count mystery blue fabric over one.  It's finished in a tiny tart pan.  



The other finish I have is Snowman 2024 by Primrose Cottage stitched on 36 count natural over one.  I finished this on the back of an ornament I found in Hobby Lobby.  I took the bow from the front top of the ornament and glued it to the bottom of the finished stitching.  I think this is my favorite finish so far this year!  



So....after all that I decided to start the pinkeep, and stitch around the thread I'm missing.  Maybe tomorrow I'll see where I can get it.  Fingers crossed I can get it somewhere soon!  Until then, I hope you are having better luck with your stitching than I am!  We are enjoying some lovely weather, I hope you are too!  Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Sorry they messed up your order. I hope you can find the missing floss, or a good substitute. Your ffo"s turned out really pretty.

Robin in Virginia said...

Both of your ornaments are darling, DJ. It would be hard to pick a favorite. Nice choice for a new start! What thread are you missing? If I have it, I would be happy to send it your way.

Shelly said...

I start with what floss I have while waiting for an order. Kind of disappointing though to open a kit and find errors. Love your ornament!

Katie said...

Oh no. I hate waiting on a thread too haha. I hope you have found some new pieces that you have fallen in love with now.