Monday, April 15, 2024

April Gifted Gorgeousness


Hi fellow stitchers!  Welcome to my April Gifted Gorgeousness post.  If you are unfamiliar with Gifted Gorgeousness (GG) let me point you to Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching (click here) where you can sign up to join in the fun, and also see what everyone else is stitching for this challenge.  Jo hosts this challenge, and keeps us in line!  Basically GG entries can be stitching with things that have been gifted to us (patterns, fabric, or floss), stitching something for someone else, or something we received.  So...let's get started!  

I've had a few finishes since the last GG post.  I finished Irish Blessing a free pattern from Herrschner's just before St. Patrick's Day.  It was stitched on 32 count ivory over two.  



I also finished Floral Magenta by The Heart's Content which was a from a kit that was gifted to me from a friend.  It was stitched on 36 count hand dyed fabric over one.  I truly love this one!  I was able to finish this one and the Irish Blessing during the IHSW!  



Each year my husband gifts me the magazine Just Cross Stitch, so I feel anything stitched from those magazines fall into the GG category.  Since last month I've stitched this ornament, Peace on Earth by Punochka from the 2023 JCS Ornament issue.  This was stitched on 40 count Vintage Country Mocha over two.  I love how this turned out!  



Next is Light Upon the Lawn by Blackbird Designs.  This pattern was gifted to me from Ms. Mouse over in England.  This was stitched on 40 count Hogbristle over two.  I really enjoyed this stitch!  



Last is Christmas Ball 8 which is a collaboration between Atelier Soed Idee and Twin Peak Primitives.  This was a free chart during the 2023 Advent event that Atelier Soed Idee promoted.  There were 8 Christmas ornaments in the pattern.  I thought this one was really sweet.  It's stitched on 40 count raw natural over two.  I hope to do a few more from this pattern when I get the time.  



I've made a little progress on Anne Thomas.  I know this isn't part of GG, but thought you might like a little update.  I thought I would have a lot of time while DH was off on his work trip.  What is it they say?  We make plans, and God laughs?  I had no idea how busy I would be while he was away.  Between household chores, and some unexpected time with my granddaughter, all that stitching I hoped to accomplish just didn't happen.  Oh well...that's life.  And I did get to spend a lot of one on one time with Miss Sassy Pants.  That was definitely worth it!  So....I finished off page 16, only 4 more to go!



That's all I have to show this month.  I'll be back to working on Anne Thomas until I get her finished.  Wish me luck!  Till next time, stay safe and healthy, and Happy Stitching!    

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful assortment of GG you shared, DJ! Each piece is simply so pretty. You have made awesome progress on Anne Thomas. Plus time with your precious granddaughter! Have a great new week.

Mary said...

Everything is so beautiful. I am cheering you on while you stitch on Anne Thomas. You are so close to a finish and it looks so amazing.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a lovely collection of stitching. Anne Thomas is looking so lovely, you're near finishing too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I am glad that IHSW was so productive for you too, got another one this weekend! I really like the Floral Magenta design.
Anne Thomas is looking amazing too.

Toki said...

Hello DJ. All the works are wonderful and will take your breath away. The stitching is also neat and nice. I respect the fact that you can do very delicate work at the same time.
Happy stitch.😊