Sunday, April 21, 2024

There was great rejoicing in the land!

I've been happy dancing this morning, though there is still one day left of the IHSW.  I have something else I am working on that I hope to get a lot of stitching done on today, but I couldn't help posting that ANNE THOMAS 1834 is FINISHED!  The next step will be to get her framed, but I'll have to put some thought into having that done.  Anne Thomas was stitched on 40 count Pecan Butter over two (with lettering done over one) using DMC floss.  I started this on January first of this year!  Working 5 pages a month, I was able to finish in 4 months thanks to a couple of IHSW weekend thrown in!  Now I'll have to put my thinking cap on to decide on my  next big project...I'm thrilled to have this one done!  



Ok, off to work on another project.  Wish me luck!  I'll post my progress later.  Happy Stitching! 

5 comments:

Erica said...

What a beautiful accomplishment! It is stunning!

Shelly said...

Great finish! You had some smoking needles!

Mary said...

Congratulations on your gorgeous sampler. I have really enjoyed watching this project grow. I can't wait to see what your next big project will be.

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh DJ, well done on getting Anne finished! She is stunning. Can't wait to see what you pick for your next big project!

Katie said...

LOL I was just writing I hope you were able to finish. Next up....yep you did. Congrats!! Sometimes it's sad to finish a piece you've been excitedly working on. Hope you are just as happy with the next one.