Friday, December 1, 2023

I love the holidays...

But they can be exhausting!  I have to admit, though, it's been so cool to see the holidays through a 2 year old's eyes.  Our Daughter-in-law is all about making memories.  I'm honored that she likes to include us!  Little Miss A had eye surgery today, so her Mom was determined to have pictures with Santa, and a few of the memory making events done beforehand.  Needless to say...we've been busy!  

First out of the gate, Thanksgiving!  We celebrated with our DIL's Sister's family.  It's a long drive out there...and of course we got stuck in a traffic jam...lol.  But Miss A sang the ABC's to keep us entertained...and then took a little nap before we got there.  



The next day was Black Friday shopping, then a trip to see Santa.  Isn't she the cutest? 



Saturday was busy with a trip to Valley View Farms, the Amish Market, and Festival of Trees.  Here she is in front of her Fa-la-la-mingo tree.



Whew...and as if that wasn't enough... Sunday was a trip to the National Harbor to see ICE!  The theme this year was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  I always enjoy these displays, even if it was 6 degrees F (-14C) in there.  I had a sweater, winter coat and the big blue parkas they give you at the event.  I was toasty, but it felt like my face froze....lol...and poor Miss A still has a red nose and cheeks.  








She had her surgery today and she was such a brave little girl.  When they put her in the gown before surgery, she said she was a princess because she had a gown!  She is already bouncing back, and acting like herself.  I'm so relieved she did so well.  








Stitching has always been my go to place when I'm stressed.  I've been working on an ornament for my DIL's coworker.  This is Christmas Flamingo by Stoney Creek stitched on 32 count ice blue over two. 



And I'm also putting some stitches in Beatrix Potter.  I'm down to the last 4 pages!!  



I guess that's all there is to share at the moment.  I hope you all are enjoying the season, staying warm and dry, and keeping in good health!  I'm looking forward to some relaxing days, and reflecting on the reason for the season.  Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Aww, your granddaughter is adorable. And what a trooper! I think it's us adults who are wimpy! The Beatrix sampler is sure pretty, and you are an FFO extraordinaire on round objects, the Flamingo is perfect!

Robin in Virginia said...

What memories that were made over Thanksgiving and after, DJ. Your little Miss A is so precious. I am glad her eye surgery went well and is successful. Your flamingo ornament is fabulous. Beatrix is looking so beautiful. Have a good week!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh bless her little heart in her gown! My brother had surgery for a turn in his eye when he was much younger too.
You’ve definitely been making some lovely memories together.

Katie said...

Oh fun but yes makes you tired. Those memories are sure priceless though. Beautiful stitching to round up a wonderful post. Hope the surgery can help her out.