Sunday, December 10, 2023

December Fully Finished Gallery


Whew...it's been a wild ride since I last posted for Fully Finished Gallery!  I'm loving the season but my family does seem to get pretty busy!  I'm still working on some Christmas gifts, I really should plan earlier next year shouldn't I?  LOL  Anyway, here we are...another challenge I've been working on.  This one is organized by Rachel on her blog Ten Hour Stitcher.  I found out about her from Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching and have found a lot of inspiration from those two and others who post for this challenge!  It has given me incentive to dig out that box of unfinished things and get busy finishing!  If you click on the names of the blogs above you can visit their sites and see what I'm talking about!  Happy drooling scrolling!  LOL!!  Here is what I've finished since the last time I posted.  

First up is Baking Spirits Bright by Barefoot Needleart from the 2022 JCS Ornament Issue.  This may look familiar to you, I had stitched this for a friend who gives us fudge each year.  I thought it was appropriate for her!  My cousin saw it and fell in love...and since she is a baker too, I thought I would send it to her.  So this is my second attempt!  I've already given it to our friend the fudge maker and she loved it!   



Next is Just a Little Flakey from another JCS Ornament issue.  I lost the information about it (it's been THAT long since I finished it) so it really was time to get it in a frame.  I was looking for something else and found this frame...perfect!  So there it is...finally found a home and is sitting on my mantle now as I type!  



Next is Christmas Cardinal by Stoney Creek.  I had stitched this for a friend of my DIL but once it was finished, I just can't part with it...lol.  I'll have to find something else for her.  I know it sounds selfish, but I honestly give away a lot of things I wish I had kept...and this one truly is my favorite from this year!  



Next is Christmas Flamingo by Stoney Creek.  This may look familiar to you too, as I stitched this one for my granddaughter.  A coworker of my DIL has just lost her husband who loved flamingos.  So my DIL asked me to make this for her without the charms.  I truly love how this turned out...even better than the one I made my GD.  She gave it to her coworker last week and she loved it.  It's always a blessing to have given something that blesses someone else.  



Last is Looking for Spring by Blackbird designs that came from the Nashville Market cookbook from 2023.  I fell in love with this one!  I couldn't find material to make a stand up that looked right...I couldn't find a frame the right size...so I had to improvise.  Still not quite happy with it, but it is what it is.  It's certainly a different finish!  



I guess that's all there is to show today.  I hope you all are healthy and happy and getting ready for the holidays!  Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, each one is beautifully finished. It would be hard to pick a favorite. I hope you have had a good weekend. I finally got around to taking down the fall decor yesterday. I am just not motivated to decorate for Christmas.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a lovely collection of stitching. I love your baking spirits. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas 🎄

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What lovely finishes! I’m so glad that Rachel and I have encouraged you to FFO and share your finishes too.
You really are a very generous stitcher to make so many ornaments for other people. You deserve to keep some for yourself!

Katie said...

Love them all. The Little Flakey is my favorite though. Just perfect in that frame.