Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Happy Dancing!!


I'm happy dancing tonight!  I received the pattern for Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler for Christmas last year from my husband.  He even got the floss (DMC 356) and fabric.  28 count Vellum.  Yes, I'm spoiled and I really try not to take advantage of that.  

I decided to stitch it with one strand of floss over one linen thread.  I started this at the beginning of September for Sampler September.  To be honest, I'm rather surprised I was able to finish before the end of the year, but I'm super happy it's done.  I decided to personalize it with our initials and the year of our wedding since our 40th anniversary is  next year!  

I was hoping to finish everything I started this year, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.  I'll be working on Hubble next though...so maybe I'll have another finish before the year is out!  Wish me luck!!  Happy Stitching! 

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh DJ, Beatrix is a stunning finish. Well done! I know you were hoping to get it finished. We will be celebrating 40 in 2024 also. Happy Wednesday!

Claudette497 said...

What a wonderful finish! Congratulations on (almost) 40 years!

Katie said...

Wohoo Congrats on the beautiful finish.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for this gorgeous sampler! The colour makes it perfect for your Ruby Anniversary. Congratulations there too.