Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Last Dance of the Year!



Here I go happy dancing again, but I'm pretty sure this is the last dance for the year.  I've been working on this since mid February.  This was a SAL from Climbing Goats Designs.  When I saw the first image I fell in love.  I've always had a soft spot for all things above!  LOL  I'll be honest and say there was more to this pattern, but I decided to end it here.  I didn't like the writing, I think it was distracting, and I may make a plaque for the piece before I get it framed.  This is Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope with actual pictures the telescope has taken.  Each nebula that was given had information about it with the pattern.  I'll be making a pocket on the back of the frame with all the information about the photos inside.  I started this February 11th of this year.  It's stitched on 40 count Gothic over two.  Over the  next few days I'll begin planning projects for next year.  Hopefully I'll have a recap of the year soon.  I hope you all have had some relaxing days, have celebrated whatever holidays you chose, and have a safe, healthy and Happy New Year!  Happy Stitching! 

6 comments:

Claudette497 said...

It's wonderful! Congratulations on a great finish!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful finish, DJ! I look forward to seeing/reading your wrap-up along with your thoughts/plans for the new year. Wishing you a relaxing wind down to 2023 and wishing you a bright and blessed 2024.

diamondc said...

DJ: Congratulations on the finish.
Lovely I too would leave off the words.

Catherine

Shelly said...

Looking forward to your recap! Your finish is a great accomplishment, on 40ct😳A happy 2024 to you and yours!

Katie said...

What a fun finish. I agree with you perfect just the way it is.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on another Happy Dance! This is an amazing piece, so beautiful and out of this world! Literally.
Nice to have all the information to go with it too.