Friday, December 15, 2023

December Gifted Gorgeousness



Hi Fellow Stitchers, and welcome to the last Gifted Gorgeousness of the year!  On the 15th of each month we showcase our stitching that has anything to do with the word "gift".  This challenge is organized by Jo over on her blog, Serendipitous Stitching.  This could be a gift to someone or from someone, it can even be something stitched with materials gifted to us.  I think you get the idea.  You can hop over to Jo's blog (click here) to see what everyone is working on, or click on the tab at the top that talks about Gifted Gorgeousness to sign up and play along with us!  

December is always a busy month for this challenge.  I've been a little slow this year getting things organized.  I had some last minute "orders" that had to be stitched immediately.  

First off is Christmas Flamingo by Stoney Creek.  I made the first one for my Granddaughter and have already given that to her.  This second one (and I like this finish much better than the other one) is for a coworker of my DIL.  Long story associated with this but I had to stitch it quick and get it finished for her to give to her coworker.  


Another last minute "order" was this.  It is my husband's workplace logo.  Don't be alarmed at the spelling of get'am.  It is actually an acronym.  Believe me, it bugs this A type personality...lol, but you do what you must for the spouse, right?   He swears whoever gets it is going to love it...they sure have peculiar tastes  is all I can say...LOL!!  



The next two you have seen before in the FFO post.  But since they are gifts I'm including them here...along with one that I restitched for myself.  I loved Christmas Cardinal by Stoney Creek so much I had to restitch it for myself.  I said I wasn't going to give the other one away, but I caved...LOL!!  I'm just lucky that I had another piece of the same fabric left.  I really do love this design!  And since I stitched and finished the other one, I found some Mill Hill Treasures to use on it too!  





And of course you remember Baking Spirits Bright from the 2022 JCS Ornament issue.  The recipient loved it!  



Next up is Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler.  This was a gift from my husband last Christmas.  I finally was able to start it September 1st so I would say I've got quite a bit done in such a short time!  I was hoping to finish before the end of the year, but stuff keeps getting in the way...oh well...hopefully I'll still have it finished for the fair next year! 


I was late sending out a gift, so I told her not to peek...and I'm going to post it here today.  Hopefully she will get it soon.  All of these are for the lovely Ms. Mouse over in Jolly Ol' England.  I know that she likes sheep, so this ornament was stitched for her.  This is Spring Sheep by Durene Jones, and I know you've seen it before...lol.  I hope she likes it.  


I also stitched these two ornaments Love and Joy by From the Heart and Christmas Snowflake by Gulia Punti (the snowflake is for her husband).  

The framed picture is Looking For Spring by Blackbird Designs.  Not my best finishing, but I was running out of time.  Sorry Friend!!  


I also sent this new pattern from Brenda Gervais.  I understand they can't get these outside of this country, so I guess I'm her new "supplier".  LOL!!  I had to wait for it to go on sale, then had to wait for it to arrive, so this is the culprit that made me late sending the package out.  Believe me I was sweating bullets...LOL!!  


Last but not least is an Arts and Crafts fair find.  This had my friend's name written all over it!  She loves purple, and she loves sewing...so I thought she would love this sewing box.  Isn't it clever how it folds up into a box, but lays open so you can easily see and use anything inside?  I loved it so much I bought something similar for myself, though it doesn't open all the way like this one does.  Still I think they are fun and useful too!  There were a couple of other things I threw in, but didn't get pictures of.    



I guess that's all the news I have for this post.  Still busy with all the holiday stuff, but I'm hoping things slow down soon, I'm getting tired, and still need to get some shopping done before the big day!  I hope everyone is healthy, happy, and enjoying the season!  Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful find at the arts and crafts show! They were quite popular many years ago. How fun to see them appear again! Your finishes are beautiful, DJ. Beatrix is looking fabulous. You are closing in on that finish.

Clare-Aimetu said...

A lovely post, the sewing box is so clever. A lovely collection of finishes DJ

diamondc said...

Merry Christmas DJ: I love seeing all the ornaments you finish, you have a talent for finishing.
Congratulations on the start in September it looks like you are almost finished.
Have a great week.

Catherine

Katie said...

Beautiful gift filled post. Thanks for sharing.

Mouse said...

Just love love love my gifts :) thankyou once again .. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG in December, yes I am this far behind in commenting on blogs!
Love all the gifted ornaments and that beautiful sewing box too.