Thursday, September 15, 2022

September Gifted Gorgeousness


Oh my goodness...the days are just flying by and I can't believe it's time for Gifted Gorgeousness again.  If you haven't heard about GG please go to Jo's blog, Serendipitous Stitching and you can read about it by clicking here.  If you want to see what stitchers have been stitching for this challenge you can visit her main page by clicking here.  Mainly we post pictures of things associated with stitching gifts, either to us or to others.  I've had a busy month, though I guess I don't really have too much to show for it.  First off (and you've probably seen this around before) is Noble Companions.  I stitched this in exchange for a painting from a lady I know in Northern NY.  I went to school with her daughter and got to know her a little bit through Facebook.  I have always admired her painting, she has admired my stitching, so it was inevitable that we would eventually have an exchange.  I used a tutorial I found on the Twisted Stitcher's blog to assemble this flat fold.  I really love how it turned out and am so tempted to keep it, but a promise is a promise....so it will soon be in the mail heading towards it's new home.  



I stitched this elephant for my pen pal.  Hopefully she has it by now, I've had it finished for a while now, but just couldn't seem to get to the post office.  I loved how this turned out too...I hope she likes it.  I found this freebie on a Russian Blackwork site which I'm pretty sure wasn't pirated...it's hard to find an elephant pattern that isn't child oriented.  Again, I was sorry I had to send it away..LOL!!  




I've put a few more stitches in the Tale As Old As Time SAL being offered on Story Stitches.  I am trying desperately to keep up with SALs and other challenges as things keep getting in the way.  The SAL is a freebie, and this will be a gift for my Daughter in Law.  I think she loves it already!



I finished this little pumpkin ornament that was from the 2008 October JCS Magazine.  I consider anything stitched from there a GG because all of the issues I have came from gift subscriptions from my DH.  Gotta love a man who supports my insanity!  LOL  This was designed by the Sweetheart Tree and was stitched on 28 count Cream and Natural Gingham.  It's called Pumpkin on Gingham.  I love anything associated with the fall!!  



I also finished up 2010 Ornament by the Sweetheart Tree from the 2010 JCS Ornament Issue stitched on 32 count natural opalescent over two.  I have stitched this a few times, I just love all the specialty stitches!



Can you believe little Miss A turned one last week?  They had a "One"der Woman party for her and I was tasked with making a banner/garland for her high chair.  This was a fun project...









We have been helping the kids get their "new to them" house ready for the big move at the end of this month.  Get this....they are moving to Downton Rd.  Yes, I've already been calling their new home, The Abby.  LOL!!    I told them they will have to adopt British accents and stick their pinky out while drinking their tea.  They are not amused...but hey, I can't help loving Downton Abby!!  There is a lot to do to get their house ready, and we have other obligations, I hope we can get it all done in time...wish us luck!  And that is the end of this post.  Not a lot, as I said, but I'm lucky I got this much done...it's been a wild ride, and about to get even wilder as we get closer to the move.  If you don't hear from me for a while, don't panic...I'll be back, hopefully in one piece!  Stay safe, stay healthy and Happy Stitching!!

6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I think your exchange piece is gorgeous and your painter friend will love it too.
Happy Birthday to Aubrey, she looks so happy there in her little outfit!
They definitely need to call their new home The Abbey although it might confuse delivery people who expect a large church not a home!

Elfie said...

You are a stronger person than I am - I'm sure I would have kept that gorgeous Santa! I do have that chart, so I may have to stitch it sometime. All your stitching is beautiful, and I did love the birthday pics.

jocondine said...

Lovely post as ever, thanks for sharing such a wonder baby. She looks so great, bon anniversaire Aubrey! Such a lovely stitched elephant and clever finish! xxx

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching all over. Great work on everything. Love it all. Good luck with their move. How cute it's Downtown Abby.

Sandy said...

So many nice projects. You've been busy stitching up a storm. I've fallen behind with my stitching with lots of things in the works. Cute cute little one. Love the decorations you made for the highchair, very festive and creative.
Sandy's Space

Clare-Aimetu said...

Gorgeous stitching, I love your elephant. The high chair decorations are a super idea