Friday, September 2, 2022

All's Fair In Love and Cross Stitch!

Well...the Maryland State Fair is in full swing...our little family went to the fair tonight.  It was a bit busy as it's a three day weekend for Labor  Day.  Some of my friends and family knew that I entered a few things in the fair this year...and in all honesty, my projects this year were now really WOW's...so I wasn't expecting much.  As I was dropping things off, the lady behind me in line and I were talking.  It's just fun to enter a few things to showcase our hobby....and if we win, it's a bonus!  I have to say, I think I lucked out this year!  I'll just pop the pictures up and explain at the end...  








The Yellow Ribbon is a special  award, given for best in show.  I am surprised that all but one of my pieces got a ribbon...I honestly wasn't expecting it!  Call me a happy camper!!  I hope all of you are safe and healthy!  Happy Stitching!
 

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

I'm not surprised, your stitching is beautiful. Huge congratulations 🤗

Vickie said...

CONGRATULATIONS DJ!! Awesome!!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations to you on showing your pieces along with your ribbons, DJ! What beauties you entered! Enjoy your weekend!

Claudette497 said...

Congratulations! Your stitches are lovely!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations! I can see why the sampler won the Yellow Ribbon, it's a gorgeous piece and very striking.

diamondc said...

DJ: Congratulations on the ribbons, I have never seen a special ribbon before, you entered so many lovely designs and finish's.

Catherine