Sunday, September 4, 2022

It is finished!!

Whew!  I'm excited to show you my very first design!  Back in April I traveled to Rochester NY to attend a class given by Jean Farish at Hobby House Needleworks.  She taught us how to use a program to design patterns.  I learned a lot, but I'm still pretty slow and have to play around a bit to get it to do what I want it to...lol...but I'm pleased to say I have finished my very first design.  Because I was learning I decided to use a portion of an antique pattern I found online.  It is free to distribute for private use and is not for resale.  I cannot sell my design, it is for private use, but I can share it if I choose to.  I have decided that if anyone wants a copy, I will send it by email, but only to those I "know".    The design I used came from a book called Moderne Stickerie - Vorlagen and I found it in the antique pattern library online.  I have wanted to design patterns for a long time, and share them here on my blog.  I have already started a  Christmas design and am almost ready to "model stitch" it!  I just need to tweak a few more things.  Hopefully I will have it up and running before Christmas, but it's been a bit busy here at DJ's Digs.  I will let you know if/when it's ready.  Here is Wildflowers.  



I hope everyone is healthy and safe...Happy Stitching!  


 

3 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's beautiful, congratulations on your first (of many) designs 🤗

diamondc said...

DJ: Very pretty and the color threads are perfect.
Looking forward to seeing your Christmas design.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on your first design! It's lovely, the colours you chose are beautiful.
I have designed quite a few in the past but nothing recently.