Monday, February 1, 2021

January Finishing

It's a dreary day here on the First of February.  We got a few inches of snow yesterday which made it for a nice day to stay home and watch the big flakes fall.  We got about 3 inches.  This morning when we got up, there was a layer of ice all over that lovely snow.  We are laughing at the antics of the birds in the back yard.  I've never seen birds skate before, but our backyard is on a very steep incline, so when they land they slide.  From the tracks in the snow I can see the deer made a midnight call to the birdfeeder and cleaned out most of the seeds.  Darn deer!!  Poor DH is trying to decide if he should sacrifice himself and make a trip to fill up the feeders.  There is more snow and freezing rain in the forecast...and while it's nice to have DH home, I sure hope he's able to go to work tomorrow.  I don't get much done while he's here.  LOL!!

I decided (after last year) that I would try to finally finish the things I stitched during the month by the end of the month.  I was able to finally finish all the round ornaments, I'm still trying to decide how I want to finish the square ones.  Maybe I'll surf the internet today looking for inspiration...

Anyway,  here are the 7 I was able to fully finish last night.  5 are from the Brooke's Books advent series, one is from the 12 Dragonlets of Christmas, and the last is from the 2020 JCS Ornament issue.  Hopefully February will be a less hectic month!









I'm hoping to participate in The Love to Stitch Challenge 2021.  It starts today and goes through February 28th.  I found this on the Embroidery.com Cross Stitch & Hand Embroidery Facebook Group.  To enter you need to log into an account on the Embroidery.com website, sign up to participate, then stitch at least 30 minutes a day.  Post before and after pictures either to the facebook group or send an email and if you stitch every day (you have 4 grace days) you will receive a trophy needleminder at the end of the challenge!  Wish me luck!  If you want to participate too, here's the sign up page.  Click here

For the challenge I am working my first day on Winter Quaker SAL by Wienhenburg Designs.  It sure is hard to put this down once I get working on a Quaker motif.  It makes it hard to wait for the next portion!  I'll post pictures when I finish up this month's portion.

Off to get my projects lined up for the month of February.  When the dust had settled, I had stitched 16 items and fully finished 10 of them.  One of them I didn't intend to finish but sent it to a friend for her to put in her flip book.  Two others will be made into cards for my pen pals.  So that leaves 3 I still need to finish.  Not a bad job!  Hoping you all are safe, warm and healthy wherever you are!  Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Such a super collection tion of finishes, you had a great January. I got all my craft boxes out today and set up my February stitching, it does help me actually finish the pieces then too.

Robin in Virginia said...

DJ, well done on what you got accomplished during the month of January craft wise. I will be here to cheer you on for the stitching daily challenge you have signed up for. Happy February!

diamondc said...

DJ: How adorable your ornaments are, such sweet finishing.
I am not one for a challenge I would feel awful if I did not reach my goal, I applaud you.


Catherine

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

DJ, I love all your round ornaments. You are so good at them. What diameter are they on average before adding the ruffle?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

All the finished ornaments look great. I was intending to finish my 12 Days as I go but I don't have any suitable charms or buttons or backing fabric so that put paid to that idea LOL
I'm doing better with other ornies,
I love your Brooke's Books Advent. I really want to stitch them one day.

Katie said...

Love them all. Great work!! We put out corn for deer and they are sure thankful for it. Good luck with the Feb challenge. I've done several with her and LOVE the needle minders.