Monday, February 15, 2021

February Gifted Gorgeousness

Is it February already?  Where has the time gone?  This month is already half over...and it's time for Gifted Gorgeousness.  What is that, you ask?  Well it's the one day in the month we specifically showcase our "gifts".  It can be those we have given, those we have received, or those things we are stitching from things that have been given to us.  Pretty simple, eh?  Jo, over at Serendipitous Stitching, heads up this challenge.  You can find more information, or even sign up to join in the fun by clicking HERE.  If you would like to see what others are stitching for this challenge, you can check out Jo's blog by clicking HERE.

Seems I should be getting a lot more stitching done as we still can't go many places and the weather has been all over the map with snow and ice, yet my days seem so full!  DH has been off since last Thursday as we are trying to help our son move to a new apartment (their old one was too small and they didn't like the area they lived in).  I tell ya, moving boxes and furniture, I hurt in places I didn't know had muscles!  haha  But I'm still finding time to stitch...so without further ado...here's what I've been up to.

First up is Santa Claus from Autumn Lane Stitchery from the 2020 JCS Ornament Issue.  I just finished him up last night.  My husband has gifted me this magazine for years, so anything I stitch from it, I consider a gifted item.  It's stitched on 40 count over two and I think the name of the fabric is Golden Rod.  It was a scrap I bought at my LNS.  He's one of my favorites from that particular issue!



Next is Snowflakes Falling from Rosie's Garden, found in the 2002 JCS ornament issue.  This is stitched on 40 count Flax over two.  I love this one, too!  It's going to look so cute as a round ornament!!



Next is Snow Merry by Homespun Elegance, this is from the 2009 JCS Ornament issue and is stitched on 40 count summer khaki over two.  Just love that little snowman!!



Next are five of the Advent calendar pieces from the Brooke's Books freebies.  Two are unfinished so far Cashmere Camel (I adore her eyelashes) and Pierre Penguin.  The other three I was able to stitch and finish since my last GG update.  They are Mary Mouse, Duncan Dog, and Hattie Hedgehog.  I was hoping to have all these ornaments fully finished by the time I posted, but that didn't happen...haha.  Next time!  These are stitched on 32 count blue over one.  They are a gift for my Daughter-in-law.









Next is Two Turtle Doves from Dragon Dreams.  These were freebies from 2012 and are from the 12 Dragonlets of Christmas series.  She is so creative, and I find these so funny!



Next is Basket of Hearts by Charland Designs.  These were freebies and I actually stitched two of them for my pen pals.  I was able to even finish them into cards.  This was a first for me, I had to cut the holes in the cardstock, a daunting task at first, but I was surprised how easy it was once I got started.  This month just seemed to get away from me, so I'm lucky I was able to get them in the mail in time for Valentine's Day!





Next is my Modern Folk Embroidery SAL that DH bought for me for Christmas.  I didn't have the first part done for last GG update, so you get to see both January and February together!  There was a TON of stitching in the last piece, but I do love every stitch!  This is stitched on 28 count antique white over one.  I love how this looks!!!



Next is   this free SAL from Peppermint Purple.  One of the ladies I met at a retreat stitched the free SAL last year, and I was intrigued watching hers grow all year.  When they offered a square version this year, I just had to do it!  I'm stitching this on 40 count cream linen over two using 3809 DMC floss.  Each piece is issued once a week, but they stitch up in a matter of minutes usually!  Since it is free, I consider it a gift...



Ok, I guess I've shared enough for one post.  I'm at the point where I'm caught up on all the SALs I'm working on, and stitched almost all the challenges, I still have a couple I would like to stitch that are "monthly" charts...and then I can stitch from my vast collection of WIPs...what will I stitch next?  We still have some things to do to help the newly weds move (a few more big items, and then the cleaning of the old apartment).  Hopefully I can get back to regular stitching soon!  Hope everyone is keeping safe, warm, healthy, and all that good stuff.  I thought perhaps this year might be a bit better, but we are still facing challenges with weather and such.  Try to spend a little time being thankful for things, it will help with the stress of living in these challenging times.  Be kind to one another....you never know what someone might be facing that they aren't sharing with others.  Happy Stitching!







7 comments:

diamondc said...

DJ: Wow you have been a very busy lady.
I love all the designs, I agree with you the Camel and her lash's are adorable.
Have a great day

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
I love all the ornaments you've stitched on the 40 count. I really must get myself more colours and use it more often!
But then the BB animals look super cute over one.
The GG link up is now live.

Elfie said...

That needle of yours has been flying! I love the Christmas stitching and particularly that super-cute Santa. I'm going to have to hunt down that chart. It's not just the Christmas stitching I love - all of your projects are gorgeous, and I adore your pretty cards.

Clare-Aimetu said...

How do you find time tomstitch as well as helping with the move, you're needle must be on double time. So many great Christmas pieces, I love the little ones.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You have been busy, DJ and not just with stitching.
I love all your Christmas themed finishes as well as your SAL projects.
It's great that you are up to date with all your SALs. It can be a challenge to do so :)

BeingBored89 said...

I love all the pieces! I'm actually planning on starting the square Peppermint Purple SAL soon too! I just found it on Facebook a couple weeks ago but wanted to get some other stuff taken care of first before starting!

Christine said...

Such a lot of great stitching. I love the penguin