Wednesday, November 15, 2023

November Gifted Gorgeousness

 


Hi and welcome to the Gifted Gorgeousness post for November.  If you don't know what GG is all about, please visit Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching (click here) and see what everyone is creating for this post.  Basically we are talking about stitch related things associated with the word "gift".  It can be a gift to us or from us, it can be a pattern, fabric, floss etc.  It's a great way to thank those who have gifted us with something as well.  Thank you to Jo, who hosts this challenge!  

We are nearing Christmas so I do have a few things I am gifting to others that haven't been posted in previous GG posts.  To start, this one I am particularly proud of.  This is Summer Sea Ornament by Durene Jones and can be found in her Etsy shop.  She was having a sale, and I couldn't resist this for my Daughter-in-law who loves anything associated with the beach!  I have only done hardanger a few times, so even these stitches were new to me.  This was stitched on 28 count natural over two with a few substituted threads I had in my stash.  I attached the anchor charm to the tassel at the bottom when I finished it.  I sure hope she likes it!  




This next one is another gift to a friend.  This was also a learning challenge for me.  This was stitched on 28 count waterlily over two with substituted floss I had in my stash.  I used wool behind the openings when I fully finished it as I did with the Summer Sea Ornament.  This one is called Spring Sheep Ornament and is also by Durene Jones.  




Next is Christmas Cardinal by Stoney Creek.  This was stitched on 28 count mystic over two.  I have stitched this for a friend of my DIL who loves cardinals.  She has spent Thanksgiving with us the past few years so I thought I would stitch this for her to give on Thanksgiving.  She has become a pretty good friend.  



I consider this next one a gift as it was a freebie given by Ellen Maurer-stroh.  It's called Secret Visitor.  I have had this in my stash for ages and have always wanted to stitch it.  It is stitched on 28 count white over two.  I need to have a finishing day soon as Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I want to have them finished before then!!  



I have been trying to keep up with this next project.  It is called Wonders of the Hubble Space Telescope by Climbing Goat designs.  It is stitched on 40 count Gothic over two.  The final piece was just released on the 10th and I haven't had enough time to get to it...so many things to do this time of year!  Hopefully by next GG post I'll have it finished.  



The next one I'm going to show you is called Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler by The Stitchy Box.  This was a Christmas gift from my husband last year including the floss.  I started it in September and have tried to stitch a little bit each day.  It's stitched on 28 count Vellum over one.  I love how it's turning out!  



Next is a birthday gift from my birthday twin (we were born on the same day 20 years apart!)  She sent this cute little Stitch patch (he is my spirit animal...lol)  I found this bag and attched him to the front, so I have another lovely little project keeper!  Those little bags sure come in handy!  



The last, but certainly not least, are gifts sent from Ms. Mouse over in Merry Olde England.  She spoils me each year with a Birthday/Christmas package.  This year she even included a Christmas gift for my husband!  First up are matching Christmas stockings along with a lovely little ornament!  Aren't they wonderful??  



Next are two patterns, Blue Diamonds (hardanger) and Sew Blessed along with a wooden ornament to decorate and assemble.  



Last is a Project Keeper that she sewed herself!  It's hard to tell in the picture but there are pockets and areas for needles and floss, along with those fabulous vinyl covers so you can see what's in the pockets!  I'm sure I will get tons of use from this, she is such a fine seamstress!!  As I said before, she truly spoils me!  




I guess that's all I have to show for this GG post!  I hope you'll wander over to Serendipitous Stitching and see what everyone else is doing for their GG projects!  Thanks for stopping in...Happy Stitching!  

7 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a super GG post, I love your Durene Jones ornaments and as you said you have been spoilt, the needlecase is adorable

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fantastic GG post, DJ! You have stitched (and finished) some beautiful ornaments. While I love each one, I really love the birds you stitched. You have made super progress on the Hubble and the Beatrix Potter pieces. What a wonderful package you received from Miss Mouse!

Katie said...

Great gifts all around. Thanks for sharing.

diamondc said...

Hello DJ: What a great blog post, you have a gift for finishing.
So many wonderful things to see and appreciate, Hubble is coming along wow it will be beautiful.
Beautiful bag you were gifted from Mouse, so generous.

Catherine

jocondine said...

I love little birds in cross stitch, they are so cute! The project pocket looks great, wonderful fabrics and patterns. xxx

Mouse said...

So pleased you love all your gifts :) love your finishes too and hubble looks great xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with all your wonderful gifts. I do like the way the Durene Jones ornaments are finished, the backs are almost as pretty as the fronts! Mouse is a very talented and generous stitcher too.