Friday, November 10, 2023

Fully Finished Gallery SAL November 2023

I guess you've noticed by now that I've been digging deep and getting a lot of things finished off lately.  I made a promise to myself that whatever I finish stitching this year, I'm going to go ahead and fully finish it off.  I'm not sure I'll make that goal, but I'm sure going to try!  I've been sorting through my craft room lately, and I'm finding lots of ornaments and other projects that have been left unfinished, either because I'm too afraid to finish them, or because I need a large chunk of time to work on them.  I'm finding that time is hard to come by lately, there just aren't enough hours in the day when it comes to family obligations.  Then Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching mentioned the Fully Finished Gallery SAL hosted by Rachel, the Ten Hour Stitcher.  You can find more about this and what others have been finishing by clicking here.  



I've been posting so many that I've fully finished that I won't bore you with them all.  I'm only going to add the ones you haven't seen so far.  If you want to see all of my finishes so far this year, you can go to my 2023 Goals page and scroll down to the fully finished posting.  They are all pictured there.

First up is Christmas Mandala by Passione Ricamo.  I have had this in my stash to stitch for ages.  It was a freebie offered by PR many years ago, I'm not sure if it's still on her website or not.  I stitched this in March of 2020 and just fully finished it last week.  I do love how it turned out!  The frame came from Hobby Lobby, it was in the clearance aisle as the glass had been broken.  



Next is A Little Christmas by Lizzie Kate.  I can't even remember when I stitched this one.  I attached this to a little wooden piece I found at Hobby Lobby.  It has a little twine hanger attached to the back.



Next is A Little Snow by Lizzie Kate, I think I stitched this around the same time as A Little Christmas.  Both of these were a fun stitch and finished the same way!


  

Next is The Three Wisemen by Marie's Garden from the 2002 JCS ornament issue.  Again, I can't remember when I stitched this, it was one of the challenge pieces I did a few years ago.  I don't know why this one "speaks" to me, it also sat in my "to do" pile for a long time.  I do love anything "nativity" related!  This was framed in a small from from Hobby Lobby.



The next one I made for my Daughter-in-law.  She loves the beach!  This is Summer Sea Ornament and was designed by Durene Jones.  I follow her on Facebook and love a lot of her designs.  When I saw that she had added these to her Etsy site, I knew that I had to stitch them.  I am new to hardanger, and wanted to give this a try.  The instructions were good, but I found myself on you tube looking for tutorials which were helpful too.  I actually had fun stitching this one!  Finishing it took some time, but I'm pretty happy with the results.  I attached the anchor charm to a tassel I bought at Hobby Lobby.  I still haven't quite mastered the art of making tassels!  LOL!!  I used a piece of complimentary colored wool and attached it to the back to cover the stuffing I used to finish this.  I sewed it in place using invisible thread.  This was one I stitched this year.  






The last one I'm going to post is Spring Sheep Ornament and is also by Durene Jones.  I also stitched this one this year.  I tried to use fibers I've had in my stash for both of these last two.  Some of the stitches should have been more of a green but I like how this turned out.  I also used a piece of complimentary wool to cover the openings.  This was also a fun stitch, I love learning new stitches.  






I guess that's all I have to show right now.  I have a few more lined up to finish, and hopefully I'll get to them soon.  With the holidays looming right around the corner I'm not sure how much more I'll get finished.  Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Suzanne H said...

I've hopped over from The Ten Hour Stitcher and I'm so glad I did. These are fabulous stitches and your finishes are beautiful. The frame you found on clearance is perfect for it. Beautiful work!

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful finishes each and every one, DJ! The frame you used for Christmas Mandela is perfect for that piece. Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!

jocondine said...

So great fully finished stitchings, the frame you used for the wisemen is perfect. Such original patterns for your cross stitch/hardanger ornies. Well done. xxx

Pamela said...

Nice finishes! You are ready for all seasons.

Sandy said...

Bravo!!! You've gotten a lot accomplished. Though I'm not a fan of snow, that particular piece is my favorite in this post. You've finished them nicely too in your frame selection.
Sandy's Space

diamondc said...

DJ: You have a gift for finishing, I love the beach and the sheep ornaments, but the Virgin Mary with Baby Jesus is my favorite.

Catherine

Katie said...

Those are all great! Love the beach one of course.