Monday, November 6, 2023

Getting a little finishing done...again!

I've had these things sitting around for a while now.  I've been slowly cleaning and sorting my room and have been setting things aside for finishing.  I have so many, I really do feel a bit overwhelmed...but I'm feeling the nudge to fully finish some of the things I've neglected.  

I mentioned a while back I wanted to fully finish this piece on a board and hang stockings off it.  I even showed a picture of what I wanted it to look like.  This weekend I bit the bullet and got the hooks attached (I straightened some hooks you usually use on the wall to hang pictures) and used some tiny screws to attach them to the back.  I glued the stitching down and added a few charms ... I really meant to attach a bow too, but that's something for another day, I'll have to search my ribbon for that job!  LOL.  The stitched piece on the board is called The Stockings Were Hung by Rovaris from the 2019 JCS Ornament Issue which I stitched as a challenge piece back in June of 2020 (I told you I've been a slacker!!) and was never really sure how I wanted to finish it.  When I found these cutting boards from Hobby Lobby, and idea popped into my head.  I really do love how it's finished now.  Now to find a place to hang it!  


I've had this Little House Needlworks piece stitched for quite a while.  I finished stitching it back in June of 2020 and even had it stretched on the matboard.  I finally found trim for it at The Salty Yarn and as soon as I had a free minute I got this one mounted on this cutting board from Hobby Lobby.  I love it!!  Now to find a place to hang it in my dining area!  


Next I stitched this Baking Spirits Bright from the 2022 JCS Ornament issue again.  My cousin saw the first one and really wanted it, so I sent it to her.  I made this one for a lady who makes the most awesome fudge and shares some with us each year.  I thought it would be a perfect ornament for her this year!  I still need to add a bow...


Last I had this already framed a while back, but I never really liked it in that frame.  This is called Christmas at the Farm by Pickle Barrel Designs from the 2022 JCS ornament issue.  It's stitched on 32 count petite point over two.  So....as I was wandering through Hobby Lobby one day, this frame jumped out at me.  I thought it was perfect, so I mounted the stitched piece again, and popped it in the new frame.  I truly like it much better than before!  Whew!  


Now I need to sort through more boxes, I have a couple more ideas for things I know I have stashed somewhere.  Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be over here rooting through boxes and hopefully having a few more light bulb moments!  Happy Stitching! 

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What wonderful finishes, DJ! Each one is fantastic. The smaller paddles from Hobby Lobby make good backgrounds for finishing. Happy Monday!

diamondc said...

DJ: You have so many sweet finishes, I love the polka dot fabric, perfect for this design.
Oh my goodness the cutting board with the hanging stockings is a hoot, love it.
I need to get going on some finishing.

Catherine

Katie said...

All of these are just perfect. I need to get to my finishing sometime this winter. I have so many pieces hiding away and they don't deserve that. Love your finishing ideas. Perfect!