Monday, November 20, 2023

IHSW International Hermit and Stitch Weekend November


I really lucked out this weekend!  I think it's the last weekend I have that I can just stay home and stitch!  We love our Daughter-in-law...she is a blessing to our family!  She is always thinking of ways we can spend together making memories!  It's hard, sometimes, though as I tire easily lately.  Fortunately for me, I was able to get some stitching done that I was hoping to finish, and continue working on Beatrix Potter.  I can't believe how much I've been able to get done on that sampler!  After having only worked on it for 2 1/2 months, I'm already halfway through!  In case you were wondering what the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend was about, we were to chose projects to work on at the beginning of the weekend, then show our progress on Facebook at the end of the weekend.  Here is what I chose and what I was able to finish...  

First up is Looking For Spring by Blackbird Designs.  This was published in the 2023 Nashville Market Cookbook.  There are a few fun patterns in there I hope to stitch up.  I don't know what it was about this pattern, but it spoke to me!  It was stitched on 40 count fabric over two using substituted fibers, as the ones suggested in the book really  didn't look nice on this fabric.  Now to figure out a way to fully finish it...any ideas?  Here are before and after pictures...  




The other project I worked on this weekend was Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler by The Stitchy Box.  This was a gift from my husband for Christmas last year.  I started it in September for Sampler September, so I think I've made some really good progress in such a short time.  It is stitched on 28 count Vellum over one.  I really do love how it's turning out!  I guess that's all I have to show for this post.  




I'll be working on some finishing today.  With Thanksgiving falling on Thursday of this week, I need to get the rest of those ornaments finished so I can give them out at the feast!  If I'm not able to post before Thanksgiving, I hope all of you celebrating will be safe and find many blessings to be thankful for this year and always.  Happy Stitching!     

4 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful work. Any finish you do will be perfect I know that. Have a fantastic turkey day.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Blackbird finish is a beauty, DJ. You have made awesome progress on Beatrix. The fabric and thread combination are so pretty. Wishing you and your family a very blessed Thanksgiving.

diamondc said...

Hi DJ: What an adorable design, congratulations on the finish, I am looking forward to seeing the fully finished design, I am also looking forward to seeing the ornaments that you are finishing for tomorrow, I hope you post photos.
Beatrix Is a sweet design nice progress.

Happy Blessed Thanksgiving
Catherine

Sandy said...

No ideas I'm afraid, but I like the look and the colors. You'll come up with something creative no doubt. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Sandy's Space