Friday, September 15, 2023

September 2023 Gifted Gorgeousness

 


Another month passes...what a year this has been!  I've had a busy Gifted Gorgeousness month!  If you don't know what Gifted Gorgeousness is all about please visit Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching (click here) and see what all the news is about!  Basically we stitch things from items that have been gifted to us (fabric, floss, patterns, etc) or gifts we stitched for others.  I tried to condense things for this month as there are a lot of show.  

To start off, my husband gifted me this pattern and the floss for Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler which I finally started on September 1st for Sampler September.  It's stitched over 1 on 28 count Vellum.  So far I've completed two pages!



I finished off several ornaments this month, and all of these (except one) are gifts for others.  If you want the specifics they are listed on the 2023 goals page.  



I was able to finish off this pattern by Riolis called Violets.  This was a gift from Marina which was included in an exchange this summer.  I've never really stitched with a wool/polyester blend before, but I do love how it turned out!  



I was caught up on Peppermint Purple SAL 2023 until this week!  LOL!!  It's been sitting on the back burner for quite a while now.  I do love how this is turning out, though the border has me  pulling out my hair.  It's not hard, but it is very meticulous.  I'll get there eventually.  Since this is a free SAL I consider it part of GG. 



I'm working on the next to last part of the Sarah Elliot's Sewing Chest pieces.  I saved the last two pieces because I don't have a hoop that will work for this...and it's mostly lettering which I don't particularly like to stitch letters...lol.  Anyway, once the last two are stitched, then the REAL work begins, assembling everything.  Ugh...LOL!!  This was a gift from a friend, including the chest.  It will be wonderful when it's finally finished.  



I also finished this part of Sarah Elliot's Sewing Chest since the last GG post.  This is the needle and pin keep from the set!  Each part is stitched on 40 count Morning Dove over two.  I love the color even though it doesn't really photograph well.  



Next is the most recent gift from my husband.  This is Santa by Stitch By Thina.  This is a REAL challenge, not only am I stitching it over 1 on 28 count black, but the pattern itself is full of confetti.  I think it's going to be so pretty when it's done though!  



I also finished this ornament called Sea Ornament by Durene Jones which will eventually become a Christmas ornament for someone.  I really enjoyed stitching this so I'll be looking for more interesting hardanger patterns to try out!   Watch this space!  LOL!!  



Life continues to be super busy so sometimes stitching time is limited.  I'll have a super busy day today as I'll have little Miss A until her bedtime and beyond while her parents and her Granddad go to a baseball game and concert afterwards.  Should be fun, but exhausting too!

8 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! Your wips and finishes ate all so beautiful. I love the Beatrix Potter Sampler. I was going to purchase the Santa but I dislike a ton of confetti stitches. I look forward to seeing progress pictures.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful assortment of Gifted Gorgeousness you shared, DJ! From the finished ornaments to the beach ornament at the end, simply wow! Miss Beatrix is looking fabulous. Enjoy your Friday and the time spent with Miss A.

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh, I forgot to say I love the look of the violets piece you stitched!

jocondine said...

Allways impressive to see so many stitching done! Love the violets, as we are in holidays close to Toulouse, violets perfum, soap, candies... are in the shop windows. xxx

Sandy said...

WOW! You've been very very busy. So many nice projects, but I LOVE Peppermint Purple SAL. Love the colors but I can see way the edge would make you crazy. Looks very tedious.
Sandy's Space

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. So much loveliness too. I do like the Quaker Beatrix Potter sampler. The hardanger is lovely too, quite unusual in that turquoise but it’s the perfect colour for the sea!

Katie said...

Wow what a beautiful update. Great finishes!! But I just have to scream about that last beautiful nautical piece of course. I hate hardanger but yours sure look perfect. That Santa is beautiful! Going to look gorgeous on the black fabric.

Toki said...

Hello DJ. Thank you for sharing so many so works.
There are many of them and they look great.
And your husband is a
kind husband who knows what you like and gives you gifts. 😊