Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Finishing Frenzy

I was in a stitching slump last week...but as I was looking for something I came across a stack of unfinished ornaments.  I thought I would work on finishing them as another way of satisfying my creative side while I gave my stitching mojo some space.  I thought I would make a list and just finish those that I have stitched this year.  But as I was digging I came across some ornaments that I had set aside because they just needed some thought to finish.  (I just ran across another one today so I'll have to put my thinking cap on for that too!).  I started with those I've stitched this year, and it just spilled over into some that I finished last year.  I worked for three days, and finished 18 items.  Whew!  I have a couple more that I need to finish before Christmas, but those will have to wait, it's about to get busy here again!  So much to do....so little time!  LOL!!  I'm just going to show pictures here.  If you want particular information, please click on the 2023 goals page tab and scroll down until you find the list of fully finished items.  My list has 51 items!  That's how many fully finished items I've done this year!!!  They are at the bottom of the list as I list them in date order.  Here are pictures of just the 18 I've finished in the past 3 days.  






















And now my stitching mojo has returned!  I'm back to working on Beatrix Potter, there will be pictures of that sampler in a few days.    I'm also caught up in Peppermint Purple 2023 SAL!!  I hope you all are staying cool in this unseasonably hot weather.  I'm staying close to home these days...and may have to cancel my trip to the fair with Ms. M as it's hard for us in the hot weather.  Happy Stitching (and finishing!!). 

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh DJ, well done getting getting each one of the ornaments finished. Each one is so beautifully finished. I am sitting here drooling and scrolling back and forth. Happy to hear that your stitching mojo has returned!

Shelly said...

Wow, I wish I could just take the time and finish a whole bunch of FFO ready pieces! You have beautiful ornaments!

Katie said...

Wow! Love all your finishes!! Each one is fantastic in it's own way.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous finishing! I recognise quite a few of those too. Your tree is going to look amazing this year.