Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Spring Fever...

Spring has arrived!  The flowering trees are all in bloom and my car has turned a lovely shade of yellow (from the pollen).  Aaaaaachhhhooooo!  LOL  Allergy season is in high gear.  I don't really "suffer" from allergies, but I do notice a little sinus ache in my cheeks sometimes.  I'm very thankful for the air purifiers I have in my house!  So...have you pulled out your spring designs yet?  I've had a little notebook of all the Easter things I would love to stitch, and I did a little peruse of my patterns and dug out some kits and a few things I really want to stitch.  Some are too big to stitch in time for Easter this year, but maybe between now and next year I'll get a few more of them done!  Wish me luck!  

When I was at the Salty Yarns last week I did pick up a couple of things...one is this Mill Hill kit called Lotus Egg.  I have never stitched a full bead covered Mill Hill kit before...whew!  That was a challenge!  


Then I remembered I had a Daffodil Egg Mill Hill kit somewhere....and so I stitched this one! 


But one of my favorite things that I picked up at the Salty Yarns was this pattern by Jeannette Douglas Designs called Chubby Bunny.  I don't know what it is about this design that spoke to me, but I loved it the minute I saw it.  So...I pulled out some 28 count natural fabric and stitched this using DMC floss over one.  It's so tiny...and I'm not sure all the colors show up, but I love how it looks!  Now to fully finish it in time to dress up the mantle in my living room!  


That's what's been happening in my neck of the woods...what's happening in your world?  Happy Stitching!
 

2 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello DJ: I like the Mill Hill beaded designs; they are sometimes challenging.
Chubby Bunny is so adorable.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely stitches, DJ!