Friday, March 17, 2023

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I don't know why it's one of my favorite days to celebrate.  I mean, I really don't do anything special...but it's just a day that makes me smile.  Maybe because of my Irish heritage...maybe because it used to be a huge day back in my college days...where the town had a large Irish population...who knows.  It's just one of those fun days for me.  I was finally able to finish a St. Patrick's decoration for the house before the actual day!  I found this frame at the needlework store I visited over the weekend.  What a perfect find!  Here is Erin Go Bragh fully finished.  It's by Kitty and Me Designs!  Erin Go Bragh...Ireland forever!  



I chose today to finish up Wintertide by Patricia Andrle, a freebie that can be found on the Kreinik website.  I thought I might get a little Irish luck!  LOL  I used only white materials because I'm stitching it for Clare's Christmas tree.  She has asked for people to stitch ornaments for her church's Christmas tree for a few years now.  I've done a few in the past, but when she asked for hardanger this year, I had to give it some thought.  She wanted them all in white...and this is far from perfect...but it was fun to give it a try!  She mentioned that she would put it on her tree even if it wasn't perfect...well...it's not but I hope she enjoys it.  I'm trying to decide if I should be brave and cut the outside....hm...either way, I'm done stitching.  



Update:  I decided to bite the bullet...and here it is completely finished.  Clare if you see this, this is the way it's supposed to be hung, from the corner.  I hope you like it!



I got all caught up on Peppermint Purple SAL yesterday too.  It was a busy day!  LOL  I was able to finish week 11.  Yay!!



Last is another recent finish.  The lovely Ms. Mouse in England and I were doing a solo SAL.  She sent the pattern (Count Twice by Plum Street Samplers) to me as a gift as she had an extra one.  I found floss that were kinda close to what was called for (I only had one that was originally called for) and stitched it on 40 count Hogbristle.  Now to figure out how I'm going to fully finish it.  She suggested a drum...but I'm not confident I could do that...so I'll give it some thought, and maybe take a tour around Hobby Lobby to see what I can find.  I'll be back when I decide what I'm going to do.  



It's a dreary day but warmer than the past week or so...so I think I'll take a little tour around the neighborhood.  They are working on the new playground across the street (Miss A is going to LOVE it!) and I thought maybe I'd take a peek.  I hope  you are enjoying your St. Patrick's Day wherever you are!  May the luck be with you...Happy Stitching! 

4 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love it - thank you so much. I know hardanger makes people nervous but a stitch at a time and voila a beautiful finish.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Plum Street finish is lovely. What a beautiful cutwork/hardanger piece you finished, DJ! The frame for your Irish piece is perfect. Great green! Have a wonderful weekend!

Katie said...

I tried hardanger once and then laughed hard at that it has hard and anger in the same word haha. I didn't enjoy it at all. Lovely finish though. I just love that blackwork piece too of course.

Great work on everything. Have a great week ahead.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your hardanger looks amazing. I usually get little tufts where I cut the threads and my wrapped bars are wonky!