Tuesday, March 14, 2023

March Gifted Gorgeousness



Hi and welcome to my March Gifted Gorgeousness post!  This Challenge is being hosted by Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching.  If you haven't visited her blog before, take a moment and give it a look.  She is always stitching the most amazing things!  Each month, on the 15th we post stitching related things that have the word "gift" associated with them.  They can be a gift to someone or from someone, it can be a pattern, fabric or floss that is used in a project that was a gift.  If you go to her blog on the 15th you can see the linked blogs that are participating in the challenge!  

I usually start off with the ornaments I stitch each month from the Just Cross Stitch Magazine.  My husband has gifted the magazine to me since it was first published.  First up is Rudolph by Century Farm Stitching from the 2023 JCS Ornament issue.  It was stitched on 32 count Blue Moon over one.  



Next is Christmas At The Farm by Pickle Barrel Designs also from the 2022 JCS Ornament issue.  This was stitched on 36 ct. Petite Point over two.  



I'm including Count Twice by Plum Street Sampers.  This was a gift from Ms. Mouse and we are stitching it together as a SAL on Thursdays.  Hopefully I'll be finished soon, I have enjoyed stitching on this.  I'm using 40 count Hogbristle over two with substituted threads.



I'm caught up on Peppermint Purple Blackwork SAL which is a free SAL being offered on Facebook.  The next portion comes out today but I have only finished through week 10.  I'm using black and 3809 DMC.  This was one of the free layouts with the "hybrid" of blackwork and cross stitch and only using two colors.  I'm a rebel...LOL!!  



I have caught up with Part Of Your World SAL by Story Stitches.  This is a free SAL based on the Disney film Little Mermaid.  It's fun each month, and hopefully I'll have time to work more on the top frame of the SAL soon!  Here is a close up of part two that I stitched this month.  



I have been following a blog for years now that has a Christmas tree she decorates at her church each year.  I have stitched ornaments for her in the past...but this year she has asked for white hardanger ornaments.  I've been sloooowly working on this one, and since I don't do hardanger all that often, I have to relearn things every time...lol.  I have stitched, miscounted, restitched, miscounted etc a lot with this one, but I'm persevering.  It's it's not up to snuff I won't be offended if she doesn't use it, but fingers crossed it will be passable.  I like to try new stitches, but for some reason this one is on the verge of having me pull my hair out!  LOL  We will see if I can finish it.  Either way, here is how far I've stitched.  Wish me luck!!  This is called Wintertide by Patricia Andrle and I found this freebie on the Kreinik website.   



I guess this is all I have to show this month.  I will have more to show again soon as I'm going to start a couple of other SALs I've been following that are free.  I have been searching through my stash looking for materials to begin and I have one completely kitted so watch this space!  The weather has been so wild lately that I hope everyone is warm and safe where you are.  It's very windy here today and there have already been power outages with downed trees.  Here's hoping our power stays on.  I'm hoping you all are keeping healthy and safe...til we meet again, Happy Stitching!  I'll leave you with a couple of pictures from the beach this past weekend...where we took a short holiday as a break from the busyness we have all been experiencing lately.  




6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful stitching, I really like the SAL you are doing with Mouse. WOW thank you for doing some hardanger for the tree ... it's looking great, I really appreciate this as I know it's hard to count when doing it new. I'm happy to do any cutting so don't worry about that and 100% it will be on the tree.

Robin in Virginia said...

Each one of your ornaments is darling, DJ! I especially like Rudolph. Your blackwork piece is looking so good. Beautiful pictures of the moon!

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. I love the black work piece!

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on everything. Love the blackwork!

jocondine said...

Lovely stitchings. I love the farm and the truck especially. Thanks for sharing those great pictures. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I always love your ornaments, especially the over one stitching.
Your hardanger is going to look lovely! I want to make an ornament this year, I’m looking for whitework without cutting!