Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Ireland Forever

Whew....I was beginning to think I was losing my touch!  LOL  It's been a while since I had a finish, but then I've been working on SALs so we know they won't finish for a good while yet.  Anyway, I REALLY wanted some St. Patrick's Day decorations this year.  I was hoping I would be able to stitch a month ahead of holidays but life...and other choices...and stuff keeps getting in the way.  I saw this design on FB and just had to stitch it.  Not only is it a St. Patrick's Day design, but it has VIOLETS!!  My favorite flower, so how could I resist?  This was a fun stitch with the little satin stitched clovers...but all that backstitching was a beast!  LOL!!  I finished in the late hours last night....so today I get to start something new...what will it be?  Stay tuned (I sound like an old 60's tv show...LOL!!)  This is Erin Go Bragh by Kitty and Me Designs.  It's stitched on 36 antique white over two.  Hopefully sometime this weekend I can find an appropriate frame...fingers crossed.



Someone asked me what Erin Go Bragh meant....Alexa tells me it means Ireland Forever.  I've done a little research into my family history...my Dad's family was from Ireland, my Mom's family was from Wales.  The British Isles have always called to me so hopefully one day I'll make it back to Great Britain and get to see the rest of the places I've always dreamed of seeing.  We had a cruise booked for September, but circumstances have prevented us from going.  While I'm disappointed (mainly because I had hoped to meet face-to-face a long-time online friend) I'm oddly relieved.  I've been on a cruise before and didn't particularly enjoy the cruise life.  (I loved sight-seeing when we were in port).  I prefer to see things on my own timetable.  So we hope to make plans another time to visit but in a different manner.  For now it will have to remain on my bucket list!  

We have a busy weekend planned, I'm so excited, so hopefully by Tuesday I'll have another update.  (Monday's are reserved for Miss Cutie Pie).  Spring has sprung, the apple and cherry trees here in Maryland are blooming (AAAACHOOO) and bringing color to the drab winter landscape.  We have crocus blooming in the garden and some paperwhites.  I've seen some daffodils peeking their sunny blossoms here and there.  It's so beautiful here in the spring.  I hope things are looking brighter where you are today!  Happy Stitching!  

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Erin Go Bragh finish is a beauty, DJ. Well done on getting it finished!

diamondc said...

Hello DJ: It really is a beautiful design, I am part Irish.
I love St. Patrick's day and all the fun and events that surround it.

Catherine

Claudette497 said...

I love the violets too! Great finish!

Shelly said...

Super pretty and dainty!

Sandy said...

LOVE your stitching. LOVE the purple and green together always. Hope you find a nice frame to make it perfect. A good frame can make all the difference in the world.
Sandy's Space

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The violets are gorgeous, such a sweet finish.
I’m 100% East Anglian as far back as 1700and something. Prior to that, there may have been some Dutch input.
I do hope you manage to come to the UK at some point!