Wednesday, August 24, 2022

That's a Wrap!

I'm happy dancing tonight!  I had an exchange with an artist in NY state.  I went to high school with her daughter and we reconnected on Facebook a few years ago.  Her Mom was a nurse like my Mom was.  We both were candy stripers together and though we both started out in nursing, I switched my major after a few years, and Lady M continued on to be a nurse.  Anyway...her Mom and I are Facebook friends and she has been watching my stitching...while I've been watching her painting.  She recently mentioned she was having a yard sale and was going to sell some of her paintings.  I said I wished I could attend because I have always admired her painting.  She suggested an exchange and sent her painting right away.  



I know she likes Santas, so I chose this pattern to stitch for her.  



I've had some issues...LOL  I've had to restart, then the frog visited a few times, but I'm finally finished.  I hope she loves it as much as I love the picture she sent me.  It reminds me of home...and yes, this looks like a mountain in the Adirondacks where I attended college.  I really do love it, isn't she talented?  Now my dilemma is to figure out how I should finish it.  Any ideas?  

Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

diamondc said...

DJ: How lucky to have been able to do an exchange, the painting is lovely, and the Santa is amazing.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a super exchange, her painting is beautiful as is your Santa

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

A beautiful painting and a lovely stitched piece to exchange for it.
I think you both got a good deal!