Saturday, August 13, 2022

Finishing Frenzy

It's been a busy month...lots going on but I decided I needed to finish up some things so I could enter them in the state fair.  I got a few things framed...First was my Blackwork Kingfisher...I just love him!!   This is by Lesley Teare and can be found in her shop sold as a PDF.



Next was the Melbourne Sampler by Jean Farish.  I really enjoyed stitching this and though it was a bit tricky to get mounted, I am so pleased with how it turned out.  



Anyone who knows me knows I love Patriotic stitching.  I did finish a few pieces this summer and then went on a hunt to finish 4th of July.  I was walking through Hobby Lobby and spied this candle holder.  Isn't it amazing?  Well, the top was a little too small for the piece, so I flipped it upside down and finished it on the bottom...shhh don't tell anyone hahaha.  I love how it turned out!!  




I also finished Betsy's tart.  After changing the colors I wasn't sure I liked my color way....but after I popped her in the tart pan, I truly love the changes now.  Isn't it amazing how things change once you fully finish them?  



Last is this little freebie I found on Pinker and Punkin Quilting blog.  I left off the border and hopped it into this little dish I found at a thrift store.  Perfect coloring isn't it?  




Guess that's all my finishing for now.  Off to look for something more to get finished, I'm on a roll!!  Happy Stitching...er...um  finishing?

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous finishing! A fair is a great incentive to get some stuff actually FFO'd too.