Monday, August 15, 2022

August Gifted Gorgeousness


Whew...I can't believe a month has gone by since the last Gifted Gorgeousness post.  I've been busy but if you ask me what I've been doing I couldn't tell you.  LOL  Between working on the house (and hoping the HOA accepts our work efforts) and keeping up with the kids and our granddaughter, the time is flying by!  I have been able to get a lot of stitching done too, so hold on to your hats, it's going to be a Loooooong post! 

If you don't know what Gifted Gorgeousness is...I'll let you read about it on Jo's blog (click here) and if you want to see what others are stitching for this challenge, you can check it out here (click here).   Basically it's anything associated with the word "gift" either to you or for someone else.

Let's start with my samplers shall we?  I have a busy month coming up in September so I decided to jump ahead with my stitching schedule.  I've completed August and September's portion of Linen & Threads Friends and Family Sampler.  This was a free SAL offered on the Linen & Threads site.  I really enjoy stitching on this one and will probably continue when I have time and just get it finished.  See if you can find your initials  and remember that I still have 3 months more to stitch!  



Next is the Cottage Carden Mystery SAL by Wiehenburg Designs.  Martina sent this to me for free, but it is a paid SAL.  I jumped ahead a bit as only the January through August portions have been released so far.  I truly love this one, and also the colors she recommended.  I've used a few hand dyed fibers of my own here and there just to make it unique to me.  



Next is Tale as Old as Time SAL.  I'm currently caught up...and I think I'll miss this one once the last three scenes have been released!  This is a gift for my lovely DIL....she loves the Beauty and the Beast movie.  Each little scene tells part of the story and I love that it's all encased in the castle.  What a fun stitch, this is a free SAL offered through Story  Stitches.






I've been working a little on Rose Ada Featherstone, this was a gift kit from my DH for Christmas last year.  It's stitched on 46 count linen and is a challenge for these old eyes of mine, but it's been a fun stitch so far.  I love working with the silks!!  I have to set it aside sometimes just to rest my eyes...but I hope to finish it before the end of the year.  Wish me luck!  



Next is something I've started as a gift for someone.  A high school friend's mother has seen my stitching and has admired it for a few years now.  She is an artist herself, and paints the most beautiful paintings and drawings and she also quilts.    I have admired her work for a few years now too, so we have agreed on an exchange.  Hopefully I can stitch this up quickly.  Amazingly enough I had the fabric, pattern and all but three skeins of floss in my stash to get this started.  I hope she loves it!  I'm saving the name and other information until it's finished.  For now, here is how far I've been able to stitch in 2 days...



Now comes the Christmas ornaments, and there are a few...sorry...  First up are ornaments I've stitched from the JCS Magazine.  I consider these part of GG because DH has gifted me all the magazines...some subscription and some through the CD's that are available to buy.  Here are...

Penguin Greetings from the 2021 Ornament issue  



Next is  Peace Ornament from the 2011 Ornament issue  



Next is Penguin Wishes from the August 2021 issue  



Next is Give Love for Christmas from the 2015 Ornament issue  



Next is Santa Gnome from the 2021 Ornament issue  



And that is all from the JCS magazine.  Next is a freebie from Shannon Christine Designs.  I've been asked repeatedly what this is...LOL  It's called Ginger Donut, it's a Gingerbread girl in a donut.  I thought it was cute...you can find this design on Shannon Christine Designs Facebook Page.  She has a lot of cute freebies there.  



Next is  a freebie from Pinker and Punkin Quilting...she has a lot of cute free designs on her website.  This was called Watermelon Stamp.  Such a cute summer stitch!  



And here it is fully finished!




I have received a couple of gifts in the mail.  First up is from my Pen Pal for the month of July.  She finds the most creative things to stitch for me!  And always a little something..this was nice fabric and I love the America sign!  



I also received my August gift from her....I'm a little behind I better get busy....here is what she sent last week.....she makes the most awesome pillows!



Next is from a lady who runs a business with her friend called BFF  Pouches and Bags.  I have several, and they are such fine quality and can be found on Facebook...but I digress...several years ago I posted on Facebook that I would stitch an ornament for the first 5 people to respond to my post.  Well....more than 5 responded and I couldn't say no.  Peggy was the first to respond and I sent her 3  ornaments because I kept changing my mind what I wanted to stitch...haha.  She gave one to her BFF ...LOL but I think kept the rest.  Anyway...she told me she would send me an ornament, but she is such a busy lady, it took her a little while.  Mine arrived in the mail last Tuesday and I couldn't be more thrilled.  I just love it!  Thank you so much Peggy!  I think I'll be hanging this one year round!  



I think I'm all caught up now...sorry for the long post, but as I said...I've been stitching up a storm lately.  I'm sure there will be slim pickin's next month and I know it's going to be a craaaazy month!  Until next time, stay safe, stay healthy, and Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The link-up post is now up.
So much gorgeousness here today! I can see a JP in your sampler but given that your surname is P too, it might not be me LOL
That's an amazing amount of stitching for two days, I am guessing Santa and a reindeer? Or a medieval lady and horse!
Love the ornaments, I can see the gingerbread lady but might add backstitch to make it more obvious. Or just keep people guessing!

Elfie said...

Wow! You have been stitching up a storm! Your projects are all so beautiful, and so varied. I love them all, but your ornaments all touched my heart.