Monday, August 22, 2022

Another framed piece...and other odds and ends...

It's been a wild ride lately!  I've been so busy, with watching my GD, some stuff with helping the kids buy their house, getting things ready for the fair, etc, etc.  I also asked to buy a friend's mother's painting...but ended up having an exchange...LOL!  She is a lovely artist and I have always admired her paintings...she has always admired my stitching...so she sent me a painting...and now I'm stitching something for her.  I've been working almost every spare minute...this is where I'm at so far.  This is Noble Companions from the Leisure Arts book Christmas Portraits.  Pictures in the book never do them justice, I'm dreading having to give this away...LOL!    



You can see her painting propped up behind my little patriotic display.  She usually paints scenes from near where I grew up...it almost makes me homesick..



I also found time to finally get Fruit of Plenty framed...I'm not awfully fond of the frame, but there wasn't much selection where I took it to get framed.  I decided at the last minute to enter this one in the fair too...and literally picked it up 6 days before I had to turn it in.  



I also finished a few little ornaments that weren't included in the GG post from last week.  I think they will be ornaments for my GD's cousins.  They were fun to stitch!  I'm afraid the place I found them escapes my mind at the moment.  Sorry.  




I finished stitching two more of the 12 days of Christmas ornaments too...




I also finished up this cute little pattern.  Before you ask me what it is, it's a gingerbread girl inside a donut.  This was a free design from Shannon Christine that I found on Facebook.  I've been told I need to outline her.  I'm still on the fence about that.  In real life, it's easier to see...  



Anyway, just thought you'd like to see the other "stuff" I've been working on.  Hope all is well in your world!  Happy Stitching! 

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have been busy! An art exchange is a great idea, I think she will love her finished piece.
Do let us know how you got on at the Fair.