Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Stitches Unlimited

It's been a wild ride lately.  I thought once Ben was out of the house, or once he got married, we would have more free time.  That will teach me to assume anything!  LOL!!  We decided, after the wild ride leading up to our Granddaughter's birth, we needed a little time away...and besides, my birthday is coming up so it was time to have  a little getaway.  I will write a longer post soon about our other adventures, but for now I wanted to share a little about a shop I stopped in on the way home, Stitches Unlimited.  



From the sounds of things, some stitchers I know locally have been there before.  Hm...why haven't I been told about this nugget that is only 1.5 hours away?  Sheesh!!  I would have visited a few others but they are only open certain days of the week and we were on our way home...so...let me share a little about this needlework store...

Stitches Unlimited is in Lancaster, PA.  Just a hop, skip, and jump from where I live here in Maryland.  I was surprised how much they had jam packed into this little space, but I was headed there to find some materials for a stitch challenge I signed up for that starts on October 18th.  Our local LNS is closed currently, with no opening date, so I was desperate to find some things for this  needlepoint class.  When I entered the store there were already a few customers there, one with a delightful and friendly dog named Molly.  I pet her for a wee bit, then she began following me around the store....LOL  I'm beginning to think I have animal magnetism...but I digress.  What I thought was charming is they had treats for Molly there...I found that heart warming!  

The ladies who were working were delightful and so very helpful.  I asked for help with the items I needed and they were very happy to help even giving advice on what types of fibers I should use for the 18 count needlepoint canvas I was buying.  They also helped me find some pink fabric I needed for a Just Nan project I hope to start in a few weeks.  I picked up a pack of different kind of needles that I have not seen before...we will see how they work.  I also found a Blackbird Designs book I've been looking for.  They even showed me a shop exclusive kit they were offering in their shop.  It's adorable, in the shape of a 3D pear, with a small sampler stitched on the front.  Of course I had to order one (they were out of them at the moment) and it will be shipped when they receive it in the store.





I mentioned the shop is very compact, but things are easily seen, and if you needed something you couldn't find, they knew exactly where to look, it was very organized.  I know I'll be back in that area again because it is near a place we visit once a year or so.  I am looking forward to my next visit there!  If you are in the area, it's definitely worth the visit!  They will do mail order as well, so you can call or email.   I told them I was going to write this blog post, and asked their permission to take pictures.  The information is :

Stitches Unlimited

715 Olde Hickory Road, Lancaster, PA 17601

717.560.9416

stitches721@gmail.com


Oh yeah!  I almost forgot!!  Remember I am having a giveaway at the end of this month for those who comment on any post this month in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness.  Please remember to have your yearly exams and do your own monthly exams.  There was no cancer in my family when I discovered I had breast cancer, so it's very important to know your body and get checked.  Leave a comment on the posts this month....and you will have a chance for each comment you leave.  The drawing will be at the end of the month.  I am currently working on a cross stitch piece and will have previews soon!  So check back often!  Happy Stitching everyone!

7 comments:

Terri said...

You reminded me that I have to schedule a mammogram! Thanks! That shop looks like fun, too.

diamondc said...

DJ: You are adorable.
Happy Birthday early, I hope you were able to get a few birthday presents out of the stitch shop.
Thank-you for sharing the photos of the shop, we only have one shop and its 60 miles away.
I am looking forward to seeing the pear in 3D, sounds interesting.
I have been wearing my pink bra to remind me of the Breast Cancer month of October.
My mammogram is in January around my birthday.
Have a lovely evening.

Catherine

Kelly Tadlock said...

What a cool shop! My mammogram is scheduled for November 8. My Mom passed away 32 years ago from breast cancer so I make sure get mine every year. God Bless, Kelly in Arizona

Kelly Tadlock said...

I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday! Mine was on October 5.

ytsmom said...

I wonder if Liz was working that day? She has a Floss Tube, Country Stitchers with her good friend Deb.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a super shop, good to read you visited. Happy Birthday 🎂🎉 I have my first year Oncologist appointment on 25th ... very nervous but my mammogram in April showed no signs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely shop! We went to our local one this week too. It is considerably smaller than that one but still manages to fit a lot in.