Thursday, October 21, 2021

Second and Third stitches and more

Yesterday was a productive day!  I've been enjoying learning these background needlepoint stitches.  While we are learning technique, she is also teaching us what we can use these stitches for, what types of fibers we can use to project the effect we want (for example, using very velvet by rainbow gallery for a Santa's coat) and the size of the stitch for the area we are working with.  I've learned so much and I've only had less than 3 hours of instructions!  So without further ado, I'll show you the last two stitches I've learned.

I've learned the Nobuko stitch on Tuesday....and decided to try different fibers to see how they would cover and lay...



Then I learned the Hungarian Stitch yesterday.  I like this one a lot!  The problem with this stitch is that the stitches lie vertically and it's harder to get the coverage I like.  Still, it's a fun stitch!



Yesterday I caught up on the Peppermint Purple SAL with week 41.  It's hard to believe there are only 11 more weeks in the year.  This year has just flown by!!  Here is where I'm at right now.



I was able to stitch another ornament yesterday.  I really need to get some of these finished soon!  I love how this one turned out.  I think I used 28 count Summer Khaki over two.  I used Gloriana Silk, Dutch Red to stitch this.  There is nothing like silk to stitch with...I love it!  



I have a finish of the giveaway, just to tease you a bit....I think there may be time to add another something to the giveaway.  Here is Be Well by Sue Hillis, finished in a small tart pan.  Stay tuned to see what else I can find!  



That's all I have for today, back to crocheting because I have some things I need to finish soon!  I hope you all have made plans for your exams this month...sorry to keep harping but it's soooo  important!  Take good care of yourselves, and remember, the more you comment on posts this month, the better chance you have of winning the giveaway!  Good luck, and Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

diamondc said...

DJ: I am out of breath, looking at your projects, I am a one at a time stitcher, I envy people that can have more then one projects going at once.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love all the different needlepoint stitches. They have such nice texture to them.
Great work on keeping up with the blackwork SAL too.

Unknown said...

When I see someone's blog, I really like it.

AE GAMING