Saturday, June 5, 2021

Life rolls on like a steamroller over me like Wile E. Coyote

Just when I'm on a consistent roll....the weekend arrives!  I keep saying that life is on fast forward around here, and even though I'm getting stitching done, there are things going on that keep my mind and body racing.  I'm glad I have stitching to sometimes distract me, but that doesn't keep me from feeling like life is spinning out of control.  I don't know how much I'll get done this weekend, but I'm hopeful I can get the monthly "must dos" done early.  I'll try to explain.

Last week the kids were on their long awaited and several times postponed honeymoon.  They spent a lovely week in Florida on the Gulf coast.  The pictures they sent were lovely, and they had a grand relaxing time.  We were watching their cat, Moolah, while they were gone.  It's a 30 minute drive to their house now, and they live right around the corner from my LNS.  I call that Serendipity!  LOL  So we went each day to play with Moolah and make sure he was fed and watered.  There have been a couple of baseball games that we attended and with the new rules, I'm not carrying cross stitch to the ball park.  We've been to see the new Disney movie, Cruella in theaters (what a lovely experience, doing something "normal" that we haven't been able to do is sooooo long).  There have been shopping excursions to Carter's where we are buying things for the new grandbaby while there have been sales on and coupons that needed to be spent before the expiration date.  There has been some finishing (and hopefully more today) and a few trips to Hobby Lobby for supplies and inspiration.  There has been final resolution to Mom's estate so we are in the planning stages of a trip to NY to close out accounts and see friends.  There is a vet visit planned, cancelled, and replanned (because Max wouldn't cooperate and get in the carrier...this could be a real problem!!) as his last time in the carrier was a super traumatic experience.  I'm not sure we will ever get him in the carrier and he needs his shots.  EEEEEK!!  And there is the matter of finding someone to watch him while we are away.  Oh and a hair cut was thrown in there too.  I've also been getting things ready for a large exchange that needs to be sent in the next few days (hopefully on Monday, I just need to get things wrapped up!)  Then there is the added excitement of having our DIL experience some pain and a few trips for sonograms (with more scheduled) and a emergency trip to the Dr.  Add up all that time, and it doesn't leave much time for stitching.  Thankfully the last couple of days have given me enough time to finish a few of my monthly stitching that I like to keep up with.  So....on with the show!

I struggled to keep up with SAL's last month, and finally got caught up on Modern Folk Embroidery on the 30th of May.  Whew!  I hope to pop that out earlier this month, wish me luck!  I think I may have to curtail RRs and exchanges for a while now, as there is just too much going on.  Anyway, here is my MFE as it stands today....being complete up until the end of May.  This is stitched on 28 count white over one.  The picture is discolored from the lack of light this morning.



This month's pen pal gift has been stitched, I just need to finish it.  I have a lot of things to mail right now so I want to get it all finished, packed up and make only one trip to the post office.  Never a fun experience, why are post people always so grumpy???  I always try to be cheery and crack jokes, but they always look at me like I have 3 eyes and a green complexion.  Seriously people, a little joke never hurt anyone!  This is a pansy bouquet from Cross Stitch Gifts by Kooler Designs.  Stitced on 36 count over two.



Next are Brooke's Books advent characters 14 and 15.  Cassie Cow and Rascal Raccoon (I think he's my favorite with his hand in the cookie jar, although Cassie is cute with her milk and cookies).  These are stitched on 32 count light blue over one.  I just love these designs!




I've finished stitching Merry Christmas by My Big Toe from the 2020 JCS Ornament issue.  This was stitched on 28 count white over one.  I'm trying to think of a different way to finish this one...my creative juices are tapped at the moment though...



6 Geese-a-laying was next stitched on 32 count light mocha over two.  These were freebies from Dragon Dreams the 12 Dragonlets of Christmas.  I love how the egg hatches a dragon and the poor goose is so confused.



I have a new crochet pattern book I'm working with.  I have worked and reworked the border of this afghan and can't seem to get the stitch count right.  I'm so close to having a finish...I did put it up for a few days to give my eyes a rest in counting, but hopefully soon I'll get this one done too.  I have a few more projects I hope to crochet too, but got a little discouraged with this one.  



I guess that's all that's fit to print at the moment.  I'll be back with more soon (I hope) or at least with some finishing.  I found a unique way to finish my Mayflower project....I just need to find the time to get it together.  Fingers crossed I'll get to that soon too.  Til the next time, Happy Stitching!!

4 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

Lovely to read the first part. Cute little finishes you have.

diamondc said...

DJ: Many finished projects, the Modern Folk is lovely, I am looking forward to seeing the finished design.
So sorry things are racing, I hope all comes out well, at your Mothers Estate, it can be trying, I lost my Mother four years ago still things need to be done.
So happy to hear they were able to have their honeymoon, last year was amess for all with the lock downs.
I hope you can get Maxx to cooperate for the vet visit, we always throw a few treats in the cage for Mikey, he goes right in.
Have a lovely weekend

Catherine

Donna G. said...

Cute projects! You have been very busy. We had a cat that did not want to get in carrier. Vet suggested putting her in backwards…it worked. There are some very friendly postal clerks at my post office. I like to send snail mail. I joke with them that I am keeping them in a job.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Despite the busyness you did get quite a bit done with your ornaments. Glad the honeymoon went well, hope they enjoyed their last childfree holiday!
I love the confused goose, that's not something you stitch every day LOL