Friday, June 11, 2021

And Suddenly My Stars Are Aligned...

I don't know what happened....honestly!!  I was feeling overwhelmed, drowning in appointments, and things to do, and very little personal time and then....BAM.  My stars aligned in the heavens (or should I say, the Lord decided to bless me) and suddenly things are beginning to fall in place.  Ok, who has been praying for me?

It's always amazing to me, how sometimes pieces of the puzzle seemingly pop into place without struggle or aggravation.  I think maybe someone took pity on me and my overloaded brain and made things a little easier for me.  After my little "woe is me" post over the weekend, things have turned around.  Sunday I got caught up on Winter Quaker SAL, Monday, I finished stitching TWO ornaments, Tuesday I fully finished SEVEN  ornaments, Wednesday I zoomed with a friend, then worked a bit on Modern Folk Embroidery SAL, and then the dreaded Thursday appointment day arrived.  

I discovered two months ago that my Military ID card was about to expire.  So many things revolve around keeping that current, I can't explain them all, just know it's a lifeline really!  So, thinking I had caught it in plenty of time, I went about trying to make an appointment during a pandemic.  LOL!!  I couldn't remember passwords or how to log into the account, it nearly took an act of congress to log into the account.  We are talking HOURS...LOL!!  Finally I established I was indeed who I claimed to be, then went to the calendar to make the appointment.  TWO months were completely filled..... TWO!!!  I took the first available appointment, FOUR days before my card was due to expire.  Well that was serendipity that I was able to make the appointment before it expired.  DH was able to take the day off, because...well they really don't like dealing with family members...and boy was I glad he could!  I had all the paperwork filled out, two forms of ID with pictures, a map to the new building the office was located in, and with DH in tow I arrived 15 minutes before my appointment....only to be told that the computers were glitching and they were running late. I was given a number and sat down.  Just about every 15 minutes, a new  number was called, and there were about 10 numbers ahead of me.  Three people were called into the office and then a number was called and no one responded.  Then another number, then another, and finally  my number was called, all in the span of a few minutes.  So...I went into the office about 30 minutes after my appointment time, but was out in a few minutes because I had all the paperwork filled out and all they had to do was scan it, take my picture, and print out my new card!  If you have ever had to deal with military appointments you know that waiting 30 minutes late for your appointment is NOTHING!!  Their philosophy is hurry up and wait.  LOL  We then had time to run to the post office and mail out some packages, then had time to take in a movie before dinner!  It turned out to be a busy (really exhausting) day but we got so much done!  In the process of looking for my documents for the ID card, we discovered that DH's passport expires in 4 days....so he got his pictures, filled out the paperwork and got that ready to send in too.  Very productive day in other ways except stitching.  Not a stitch, but that's ok, because yesterday went so smoothly, I'll be spending the day in stitches today!  So here are a few pictures from my productive week.  I'm only showing a few, as the rest will be showcased in (you guessed it) FOUR days when I do my Gifted Gorgeousness post.  Here's where I am with Peppermint Purple SAL, an ornament from The Gift Of Stitching magazine, and Winter Quaker SAL.  





And that's all that's fit to print today!  I hope you are having a productive week as well!  Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

diamondc said...

DJ: I am happy to hear this post has positive news last month it seemed you were frazzled, Prayers are always a help, I hope your Daughter in law is doing well as well as the baby, I love seeing sonograms, its a start of a beautiful new life which God has granted.
God does play a large roll in our lives.
You are so lucky to have renewed your Military ID wow 30 minutes of a wait, they should hire more people.
Your Purple Peppermint is showing great progress, I am happy to hear you are doing more stitching, Winter Quaker is beautiful, I like the ornament design and finishing.
I hope the rest of June goes smoothly for you.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

You certainly sound happy in this post, it's amazing how life can affect us, pull us up or push us down. Great news your id card was sorted with some ease and how lucky to spot DH's passport date! Good to read you squeezed in a movie, it's so nice to do stuff isn't it. Lovely stitching, I'll check in again for you GG post

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So glad you have had a better week! It's amazing how much better you feel when you accomplish some stitching goals and make some "you"time too.
I was about to comment that I didn't know you had been in the forces when I realised it was your husband! It's nice that you get to keep the benefits even after retirement. When my sister went to drama college, she applied for a grant from the army charity as Dad used to be in the army. They said it was nice to do something different as it was usually widows wanting new cookers or washing machines!