Tuesday, June 15, 2021

June Gifted Gorgeousness

Welcome back, and welcome to my Gifted Gorgeousness post for June.  We post on the 15th of each month showcasing our "gifts".  They could be fabric,  floss or patterns that have been gifted to us, stitched items that have been gifted to us, or things we have gifted others.  If you want to know the official rules please visit Jo over on Serendipitous Stitching.   Click here to go to her blog, and her official rules are listed here.  Maybe you would like to join us, it's never too late to sign up!  So here is what I've been up to...

My husband is my biggest cheerleader, and often buys me patterns and kits them up for me for different occasions, usually Christmas is a biggie!  Last year I was interested in two SALs, the first was Winter Quaker by Wiehenburg and here is where I am after stitching June's installment...



The second was the Modern Folk Embroidery SAL which has a TON of stitching.  Luckily I've been able to keep up so far, and I sincerely hope I'm able to finish before Christmas this year.  Wish me luck!



Each year, my husband subscribes to the JCS magazine so I consider anything I stitch from them to be part of GG.  This month I was able to stitch and finish these...

First was Baby Cardinal by Victoria Sampler from the 2013 JCS Ornament issue.



Next was Merry Christmas by My Big Toe from the 2020 Ornament Issue.



I stitched this pansy from the Cross Stitch Gifts by Kooler Designs for my Pen Pal.



I've been stitching these freebies from different designers too, and the first was from Brooke's Books Advent series.  I was able to stitch and finish Cassie Cow and Rascal Raccoon.  These are for my Daughter-in-Law who saw them and fell in love.  I'm hoping to finish by the end of November so she can hang them this Christmas.




Another set of freebies I've been stitching are the 12 Dragonlets of Christmas by Dragon Dreams.  I love the confused look on the Goose's face...haha



Another Free SAL I've been following is the Peppermint Purple SAL.



I received this gift from my Pen Pal in the mail yesterday.  I so look forward to her chatty letters each month and the stitched items are icing on the cake.  Not only did she send this stand up this month, but she included a little book too.  So fun!  Thank you Ms. K!



I'm participating in an exchange that we are going to be allowed to open on the first of July.  I have received mine, and it's been very hard not opening my package yet...I sent mine out last week, and I will post next month what I sent.  I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise just yet. 

I guess that's all I have for this month.  We have been surviving the crazy cicadas that have emerged 17 years after their last "visit".  We haven't had to fill the bird feeders in two weeks and the birds have all gotten fat off their nutritious snacks.  It's nice to see the birds back at the feeders though, I have missed watching them....and I will NOT miss those cicadas.  They are huge, ugly and noisy!  Have a nice hibernation for another 17 years!!  Off to finish up more stitching.  I hope you are all safe, healthy, and enjoying the summer weather!  Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

A super collection of stitching, your are very lucky to have such a supportive Hubby with your stitching. Exchanges are always exciting but the wait to open a parcel is unbearable ... I look forward to seeing your exchange photos.

jocondine said...

You have been busy, well done! I do love to see the progress on Modern Falk Embroidery, it's suche a lovely pattern. A lot of finished ornaments too. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The Quaker is just stunning on the dark fabric. I also love the MFE Sampler in those colours.
Great work on all your ornies, you really seem to be keeping the pace up this year!

diamondc said...

DJ: All your stitching is beautiful, I am so in love with the Modern Folk Sampler simply stunning.

Catherine

Elfie said...

You have such lovely projects on the go. I really enjoy watching them progress. And of course I love your Christmas ornaments.

Sheryl said...

A lot of lovely work. The Peppermint Purple SAL piece is really impressive as is the Modern Folk Embroidery, an enormous amount of stitching done on both pieces. I love all the little ornaments and their individual finishes - my favourite has to be the Merry Christmas pattern, beautiful.

BeingBored89 said...

Wow! All of your stitching is absolutely amazing and breath-taking! I am also doing the Peppermint Purple SAL but I am very behind!