Thursday, May 20, 2021

Finishing Frenzy

 It's been a busy day!  I was taking part in an RR for the last few months, and mine was returned to me just the other day!  These are always so much fun for me, and these ladies are phenomenal stitchers!  I really feel privileged to be a part of their group!  Thank you, Belles, for including me in the fun!

The pattern I chose was Dans Mon Jardin by Jardin Prive'.  I stitched ONE side!  The other Belles stitched the remaining 14.  Here are pictures of my finish, but I will say...I think I'll replace the button, it seems a bit small.  And just for the record, with a 15 sided biscornu, the top is always a little wavy, and this fabric I chose was really unrelenting...haha.  Still I love how it turned out.  Thank you, Belles, for such beautiful stitching!








I am taking part in an exchange as well, and have finished up a few things for that as well.  Here is Patriotic Rose by Threadwork Primitive finished into a tart pan.  Stitched on 28 count over 1.



Here is Red Bird by StitchyFish Designs from Crossed Wing Collection from the 2007 JCS Ornament Issue stitched on 32 count Glacier (Sparklies Fabric, a gift from Mouse).



Here is Winter is Past from Blackbird Designs from their In Friendship's Way booklet.  This is stitched on 40 count Fog over two and attached to a box from Hobby Lobby.  I love it so much I'm going to make one for myself too!!



Also I have Beneath His Wings by Stitchyfish Designs from the 2020 JCS Ornament issue.  I love nativities, so had to stitch this for myself.  It's stitched on 32 count Blue Spruce over two.  It's hard to see the sparkly metallic thread I used, but it matches the color of the snowflakes in the trim.  



It's been such a busy day, and I hoped to finish one more...but I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow or the next day.  It's going to be a strawberry, and it's the first one I've tackled all on my own...so wish me luck!  If it turns out ok, I'll give you a peek!  Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have been busy finishing! That fifteen sided biscornu is a work of art. I really must make myself a foursided one and then try a more complex design!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You have been busy, DJ. These are all lovely finishes.