Saturday, May 15, 2021

May Gifted Gorgeousness

Wow, this month surely has gotten away from me.  I guess as the state begins to open up more (they are lifting the mask mandate here in Maryland), the positivity rate of Covid cases drops to below 2%, and the rate of vaccinated people rises to 68% we are getting out and about a bit more.  Which slows my stitching rate considerably!  LOL  I still have quite a bit to show you though.  So for those who are visiting for the first time, I'm following a challenge started by Jo on her Serendipitous Stitching blog where we post on the 15th of each month all the things we've been working on that are either gifts to us, gifts to others, or materials that have been gifted to us.  Jo explains it so much better and you can find the rules or sign up to join us here.  Then visit the main page here and see what the rest of us have been up to.  Jo makes blogging fun, and is always working on something fabulous...so visit her often, she always has something lovely to show!  And now....on to the "show".

First off are some things I have been stitching that were free charts on the net.  I have really been having fun with the Brooke's Books Advent characters that I am stitching for my DIL.  She loves all things cutesy (not really my style, but she not only captured my son's heart, but ours as well and we would do almost anything for her!)   This month I was able to stitch and fully finish Sophie Squirrel and Colin Cardinal.  They are numbers 12 and 13...so I guess this makes me half way done!  Yippee!!  These are stitched on 32 count light blue over one.  With a little luck, I'll finish these in time for her to use them this Christmas!  You can find these free patterns here.  




Also from the freebie category, are the 12 Dragonlets of 2012.  I found these on Facebook on the Dragon Dreams page.  You may have to search her pictures to find them, but last I checked they are still there.  These are stitched on 28 count light mocha over two.  This one is 5 Golden Dragonlets.



Another from the freebie category is the Peppermint Purple Blackwork SAL that is currently running on the Peppermint Purple SAL page on Facebook.  I have really been enjoying this SAL.  I am working on the square version on 40 count over two on antique ivory.  There are color recommendations listed but I'm being a rebel and chose a solitary color.  The beauty of this SAL is you are free to be as creative as you like!



Next up is a favorite of mine that is a paid SAL from Wiehenburg Designs.  I'm using the colors suggested but chose to stitch mine on 28 count navy over one.  I have stitched a lot of her designs, but I do love her Quakers the best.  This is Winter Quaker and you can still sign up to join in the SAL here.  This was a gift from my husband for Christmas last year.



Another gift from my husband was this SAL from Modern Folk Embroidery.  I haven't been able to catch up this month yet, but hopefully by the end of the month I'll be caught up.  I have stitched a bit and while there is a TON of stitching, I love how it's working up!.



My husband gifts me with the JCS magazine subscription each year.  I'm taking part in a couple of challenges this year so I've been stitching up a few ornaments that come from this magazine.  

I've stitched Beneath His Wings by Stitchyfish Designs from the 2020 JCS Ornament Issue.  This is being stitched on 32 count Blue Spruce over two.  Hopefully I'll finish it today!



I've also stitched Strawberry & Pineapple Christmas on 32 count over two from the 2014 JCS Ornament Issue.  This will be made into a strawberry as soon as I get a chance!



I have been stitching for my pen pals this month too.  I was able to finish up these two.  One is from another freebie from Sub Rosa.  I don't have the exact page, but if you search her blog you'll find this pattern is still there.  For my Texas pal our suggestion was to stitch a bee so I stitched this humbug for her.





For my British pen pal I have been stitching the LHN Month series.  I like to send them to her at least a month in advance.  She is making a flip book, so this month she will be getting June.



Last I'll leave you with a little more I've stitched on Flowers and Lace from Kooler Designs.  This is still being offered for sale as a PDF on their website.  This was a Christmas gift from my husband a few years ago.  It's a big project, hard for me to hold, so I can only do a little bit at a time...but once all my challenges have been completed, I hope to get quite a bit more done on this!



Well, that's all that's fit to print this month.  I hope you are staying safe and keeping well wherever you are in the world.  My thoughts and prayers are with all who are fighting the pandemic.  Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love reading your blogs, they are always packed with beautiful stitching. Your advent and Christmas ornaments are lovely. Great work on your SALs. Your penpal is very lucky receiving a monthly design.

Stay safe, stay well, happy stitching

Elfie said...

Your projects are so colourful and varied, and beautifully stitched. I particularly like the Advent ornaments. Your DIL is very lucky!

jocondine said...

So many lovely stitchings! I have started the cardinal too (n° 13) and want to finish it without the number as it's not for a advent calendar. Very nice navy fabric, Winter Quaker will look great. xxx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You have been busy, DJ. The humbug looks good finished.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. So many gorgeous Ornaments this month too! I just love the Brooke's Books over one.