Monday, November 16, 2020

November Gifted Gorgeousness

Wow, I can't believe it's November already...let alone half way through!  It's been quite a crazy year, hasn't it?  A lot has happened since the last time I wrote...so let's see if I can get through this.  If you don't know what Gifted Gorgeousness is, where have you been?  LOL!!  Just kidding.  Thanks to Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching, who is the creator of this challenge, you can link up to see what folks are stitching for this.  Basically we get to showcase (on the 15th of each month) what we have stitched that was given to us, that we are giving away, or that has been stitched and given to us.  I hope that makes sense, but if it doesn't, you can click here and go to the page on Jo's blog that explains it in more detail...and sign up to join us if you like.  It's never too late to join in the fun!  Or, if you are just curious and want to see what the rest of us have been up to, you can click here and look for the Gifted Gorgeousness post where we all link up!  Enjoy!

I have been busy stitching Christmas gifts, and getting some of them finished...but I can't show everything at the moment because not everything has been sent to their new owners.  I did finish up a few things that have been passed along.  First up is the ornament I made for my son and his lovely bride who were married in September.  This was a pattern by Shannon Christine.



I finished stitching the November installment of Birds and Blackwork Flowers by Lesley Teare which was a Christmas gift from DH last year.  He bought all the fabric I would need and all the thread too!  There is only one left, I can't wait to see what that one will be.  This was stitched on 28 count white over two.



One of my pen pals had a birthday this month...so I stitched a few things for her.  The first is the birthday bird by Alita Designs (a freebie!!) stitched on 40 count over two finished into a little ornament.



I also stitched these two for the November gifts...we were supposed to stitch something that represented a family member and I chose my Grandmother.  Her name was Violet (I was almost named for her but she said an emphatic NO!...she didn't like her name, but I'm sad because I really like it!!) and it was also her favorite flower...mine too!  Not to mention, it was the flower of the sorority I belonged to while I was in college.  Yes...that is where I got my love of the color lavender too, that was our color for the sorority.  I found these in the book 2001 Cross Stitch Designs by Better Homes and Gardens.



A friend of mine, who has  made our masks for us when this whole COVID thing started, asked me to embroider something on fabric for her to make her own mask.  I was really intimidated...but I decided to bite the bullet and stitch this.  It was done freehand, without marking on the fabric.  She was thrilled (whew, I'm glad!!) and sent me a picture of the finished product.  She says it's her favorite mask now!



I finished this off for my friend Mouse.  We agreed (since she was really  my first international pen pal) that I would stitch something for her once a month, and she really likes Little House Needleworks.  I have had these kits in my stash for YEARS, so...I'm going to stitch one a month for her and myself.  She is going to put them in a little flip book so she can display them during the month they are named for.  Here is January.  I already sent it to her with some things she couldn't get over in the UK.



I've stitched a few ornaments.  These are all from the Just Cross Stitch Ornament issues from different years.  DH buys me the subscriptions every year so I consider them gifted.  I'll put the year by them as I show them.    First up is Red Christmas by Nikyscreations stitched on light mocha 40 count over two 2019.



Mary and Jesus stained glass by Snoflake Stitchery 2019 stitched on 32 count black over one.



My Friendly Gnome by Ursula Michaels Designs 2020 stitched on 40 count ivory over two



Warm Hands Warm Heart by The Little Stitcher 2017 stitched on 40 count vintage country mocha over two.



Be Blessed, a freebie by Plum Pudding Needleart stitched on 28 count ivory over one.



I stitched this freebie biscornu from Kris Herber that I had for a giveaway for Breast Cancer Awareness month.  It's stitched on 28 count white over two.




I think I shared a long time ago what I stitched for a lady who makes Christmas trees for her church each year.  This year she had the theme of flowers and she asked others to stitch something she could add to her tree.  I stitched a violet (of course) and sent it to her.  Recently she sent me a picture of the finished piece.  I thought I would share it with you.  Didn't she do a lovely job?



I know I acknowledged these folks last month, but I thought I would add again the lovely things I received from stitching pals for my birthday.  From my friend, Mouse, in England, I received all these lovely goodies!



And from my pal from Texas, I received these things!



Again, I have a couple more things I stitched, but you'll have to wait until next month to see them!  haha  It will be here before you know it!  But I'd also like to share something I've finished in the meanwhile that really isn't part of Gifted Gorgeousness.  This is Mayflower Rose Ornament by Heart's Ease Examplar Workes.  It is stitched on 40 count Fog.  Parts are stitched over one, part is stitched over two.  I used the called for  NPI silks.  I have to say, this was a joy to stitch and I literally couldn't put it down and stitched it in 3 days.  I can't wait to decide how to finish this.



I guess that's it for this time.  I hope wherever you are that you are safe, healthy, and loving life!  Take care....and Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Elfie said...

Your hands have been so busy, and your projects are all so varied and beautiful. Lovely crafting. And also lovely gifts given and received.

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely stitched items you shared this month, DJ!

Clare-Aimetu said...

You have been busy, I love your circle finishes. The ornament for the new Mr & Mrs is gorgeous, what a treasure for them. My grandmother was called Iris, I think flower names are beautiful, as are the violets you sent me. Stay safe.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

So much beautiful work, DJ. I'm sure that your son and his wife will treasure the ornament you've made for them. Thank you once again the for the Breast Cancer Awareness biscornu and scissor fob that I won in your giveaway.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with all your amazing finishes! The first Christmas is a lovely design and thank goodness they are actually entitled to have it on display!
The mask is beautiful, if we have to wear one it might as well be pretty!
I saw some of your framed pieces on FB and they look lovely in the ornate frames.

Katie said...

Wow. So many beautiful things but Oh my that beautiful ship piece at the end. Just gorgeous!! Glad to see your have still been making beautiful things.